Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Party Kegs and accessories

Not sure if anyone will be interested but I'm getting rid of my party keg gear

4 x Party Kegs (no tap)
    • 2 used 3 times
    • 2 used twice
    • They are cleaned and rinsed but obviously I would recommend a good wash and sanitize before using again. They are still as new.

4 x Grey rubber bungs
    9 x CO2 cartridges
    1 x Party star deluxe keg dispenser
    1 spare dip tube for the Party Star

New it's around R1400, looking for R700.

I'm in Cape Town (Tableview) for collection or I can Postnet to Postnet on you. I reckon it will be more than the standard R95 though due to the package size.

Did you do a proper inspection of the inside ?

Apparently these things rust like nothing if they stand around .... without beer going in & out at a regular interval to keep them "lubricated"

PS: NOT interested tho
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    Did you do a proper inspection of the inside ?
    I tried but my head wouldn't fit

They're only about 4 months old but from what I can see they look fine. I'll try to get a pic with flash - somehow

Quote Originally Posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
    I tried but my head wouldn't fit

They're only about 4 months old but from what I can see they look fine. I'll try to get a pic with flash - somehow
    I think it was on this forum ....
    A member cut one open one day and was shocked on how bad it look on the inside

Mine all lasted just fine. They rusted around the opening, which is why I had to toss them. They started leaking CO2 under pressure.

I have a six year old keg that still works well without issue. But it has never been empty for longer than it takes to sanitise and refill. Another one that is the same age and was kept empty on purpose for a year rusted and the plastic liner torn leaving the inside disgusting.
    Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
    Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    I have a six year old keg that still works well without issue. But it has never been empty for longer than it takes to sanitise and refill. Another one that is the same age and was kept empty on purpose for a year rusted and the plastic liner torn leaving the inside disgusting.
    Yes, it's usually when they stand around empty after an initial use that the rusting starts. If you empty them fast and refill soon so the oxygen don't get time to 'attack' the metal, you're fine

Quote Originally Posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
    Not sure if anyone will be interested but I'm getting rid of my party keg gear

4 x Party Kegs (no tap)
    • 2 used 3 times
    • 2 used twice
    • They are cleaned and rinsed but obviously I would recommend a good wash and sanitize before using again. They are still as new.

4 x Grey rubber bungs
    9 x CO2 cartridges
    1 x Party star deluxe keg dispenser
    1 spare dip tube for the Party Star

New it's around R1400, looking for R700.

I'm in Cape Town (Tableview) for collection or I can Postnet to Postnet on you. I reckon it will be more than the standard R95 though due to the package size.
    You mention no tap. Where would I find one, and how did you use these things without tap? Is this like a normal beer tap (faucet) or a picnic tap?
    Do you have pics?

Quote Originally Posted by SykomantiS View Post
    You mention no tap. Where would I find one, and how did you use these things without tap? Is this like a normal beer tap (faucet) or a picnic tap?
    Do you have pics?
    I'll put some up soon

Not to hijack this thread, but I've got a tap and kegs I wouldn't mind selling either. So if you take BOMB's kegs, and my tap, you're set to keg your beers.