Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Chinese two roller grain milll

I purchased a two roller grain mill from China via Ali Express.

It arrives most assembled and you only have to assemble the hopper as that comes flat pack.

The rollers are stainless steel and the rest of it is made from aluminium.

The gap is adjustable. A set of feeler gauges may be useful here.

The rollers have some aggressive knurling on them.

I have used it to crush a batch of grain and the with a beefy drill on low speed it makes short work of the grain.

I did notice that more heavily modified grain is much harder for the mill and drill to handle at low speeds. This was easily worked around by mixing it with some of the base malt, i.e., it can handle the mixture just fine.

I did cut out a rectangle and drill two holes in a piece of wood of a size that nicely covers the top of the bucket:

IMG_20200925_150432.jpg

Looks great. What did it cost you?

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Link to item ?
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

The mills themselves are not very expensive, but all of them had shipping that was either equal or higher than the mill price when I looked.
    Im considering just getting one from Grain and Grape in AU and sending it to my sister, she can bring it on her next visit to SA.

Off topic but Im amazed at how cheap all of these items are in Australia, most of them are half of the price we pay here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket-Boy View Post
    The mills themselves are not very expensive, but all of them had shipping that was either equal or higher than the mill price when I looked.
    Im considering just getting one from Grain and Grape in AU and sending it to my sister, she can bring it on her next visit to SA.

Off topic but Im amazed at how cheap all of these items are in Australia, most of them are half of the price we pay here.
    This is what I did (get family in Oz to get for me) after buying a Chinese one that worked fine for only a couple of batches.
    Eventually the non driven roller was not getting driven properly, probably because the knurling got worn too smooth.

I ended up getting the millmaster.
    All stainless, fluted rollers and both rollers are driven.
    Works perfectly
    http://mashmaster.mobile034.com/p/45...rain-mill.html

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    This is what I did (get family in Oz to get for me) after buying a Chinese one that worked fine for only a couple of batches.
    Eventually the non driven roller was not getting driven properly, probably because the knurling got worn too smooth.

I ended up getting the millmaster.
    All stainless, fluted rollers and both rollers are driven.
    Works perfectly
    http://mashmaster.mobile034.com/p/45...rain-mill.html

Ouch! that looks like an awesome mill, but at R4k its a little steep.
    I was looking at one of these: https://www.grainandgrape.com.au/pro...mounting-board

Buy once cry once I guess

Quote Originally Posted by johncoram89 View Post
    Looks great. What did it cost you?

IIRC it was about R2k in total (item, shipping, customs, VAT and handling fee).

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    Link to item ?
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1445920793.html

It came via FedEx instead of DHL. But delivery was still quick even though I had to prod them awake so that I could pay them their handling fee plus VAT and customs.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    IIRC it was about R2k in total (item, shipping, customs, VAT and handling fee).
    Not too bad I'd say!