Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alcohol Free Beer is it possible by mistake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
    How much craft beer have you had (tasted) before you attempted making your own beer ??
    Holy shit the "quote" had me in stitches JIG.

Comment

Originally posted by Treeman View Post
      Not much at all - the Beer fest at deep sea Club and occasionally when a place serves it.
      Likely twice - 3 x a year.
      Craft beer doesn't have to taste alcoholic. In fact, any session ale should NOT be.

See if you can't join these okes:

https://yeasterncape.wixsite.com/home

Your life will NEVER be the same.

Comment

As I have it, most beer styles "the masses" enjoy, should not have even the slightest hint of being alcoholic. It should be smooth, balanced and well-rounded. There are some, yes, but they're usually not something most enjoy. Also not something a beginner homebrewer should attempt at making.

Comment

[QUOTE=jakeslouw;30373]Craft beer doesn't have to taste alcoholic. In fact, any session ale should NOT be.
          Ahhh ye', I do understand that, "NOW" - but I was trying to convey the "light beer" taste or mouth feeling it had. This "light beer" factor went away 3 days further down the aging path.
          At two weeks I posted the low alcohol post and 3 days later the bar/pub test.
          There was a definite turning point some time after the 14 day age - whats the general feeling on aging times?

Comment

[QUOTE=Toxxyc;30374]As I have it, most beer styles "the masses" enjoy, should not have even the slightest hint of being alcoholic. It should be smooth, balanced and well-rounded.
            This is a very attractive goal, I may then have lucked onto a good one - hence the woman liking it so instantly.
            I have had 7 bottles now and it is nicer with each bottle, perhaps my course palate is the problem.

Comment

Beer, like wine and most other drinks, requires time. Some styles are more forgiving for being "young", like IPAs, where others get better with a lot of time (like a properly cellared Belgian Triple).

Either way, for the homebrewer, most beers do well being left alone for a good while. Be it in the fermenter or in the bottle. And take it from the most impatient man on the forum, it's good to let them sit and age. Develop. Condition.

2 Weeks in the bottle is considered the absolute minimum for a beer to spend in the bottle before being tasted for the first time by many. Some will say 4 weeks is more appropriate. Some beers develop fully only years later. It's hard, I know, which is why it's nice to have surplus. Having enough makes it easier to leave some to condition a bit more.

It was damn near the hardest beer-related thing I've ever had to do, leaving my Vienna Lager in the fridge for 3 months before even bottling it. Can't wait to see how it'll turn out, though.

Comment

[QUOTE=Treeman;30375]
                Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                Craft beer doesn't have to taste alcoholic. In fact, any session ale should NOT be.
                Ahhh ye', I do understand that, "NOW" - but I was trying to convey the "light beer" taste or mouth feeling it had. This "light beer" factor went away 3 days further down the aging path.
                At two weeks I posted the low alcohol post and 3 days later the bar/pub test.
                There was a definite turning point some time after the 14 day age - whats the general feeling on aging times?
                [QUOTE=Treeman;30376]
                Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
                As I have it, most beer styles "the masses" enjoy, should not have even the slightest hint of being alcoholic. It should be smooth, balanced and well-rounded.
                This is a very attractive goal, I may then have lucked onto a good one - hence the woman liking it so instantly.
                I have had 7 bottles now and it is nicer with each bottle, perhaps my course palate is the problem.
                @Treeman
                You don't seem to getting the quote thing under the belt ???

Are you using this button?
                Screenshot_59.jpg

with most of your post ½ the quote is missing and you have this weird ***************** going on, so it's difficult to see where your reply actually starts ??
                The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

[QUOTE=JIGSAW;30378][QUOTE=Treeman;30375]

@Treeman
                  You don't seem to getting the quote thing under the belt ???

Are you using this button?
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]2679[/ATTACH]

with most of your post ½ the quote is missing and you have this weird ***************** going on, so it's difficult to see where your reply actually starts ??
                  Sorry Jigsaw, I have developed habits from other sites.
                  I usually delete the parts of quoted that are not relevant to my reply.
                  I always use the ************* between quote and response, old carry over.

Comment

Sorry Jigsaw, I have developed habits from other sites.
                    Ok fine, I do the same, but then DON'T delete the last part of the quote that says [ / QUOTE ]

then all will be fine and display correctly ... see, i just did the same above with your quote

Screenshot_61.jpg
                    JIGSAW
                    Last edited by JIGSAW; 29 September 2020, 20:08. Reason: Added Pic

Comment

Problem is I am likely a few drinks behind.

Comment

Don't worry, we all are.

Comment

No excuse ... As per that signature the whole world is

Comment

Working...
                          X