Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Almost wat jigsaw said but slightly tweaked. If you search deep enough you will find this advice from one of the other members on one of the urn threads. BIAB in the urn BUT don't add all the water keep 10+l for sparging after the bag is lifted.

So if like me you bought the logic urn you have 40l actual volume.
    5-5,5kg grain in 25 -30l water should JUST fit.
    Then once your higher OG mash is done sparge to extract more sugar but also dilute to planned pre boil gravity. Could get really close to 40l.

As a final note someone on here shared a pick of a porter boiling that was absolutely filled to the brim so you really dont need 5l deadspace above the boil

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

You could .. of course step one back .. and modify your 50litre coolerbox into a mash tun.

+1 to what Jannie said.

I have a CaterPride 50L urn I improved my mash efficiency on my last brew. I sparged (rest my bag in a large colander over the urn) with 5L to get more "juice" out of the grains.

Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    hang out for basterfields response or give them a call? i believe that their elements are uncovered anyway, so there is that
    Yes. This is 1st prize. I've sent a follow up email to John after speaking to him on Monday

Do what toxxyc does!! Two vessel system!!

Would be interesting to see what Basterfields offers
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Absolutely, I'm keen to upsize and very much doubt it'll be to brewtools whilst I'm still here

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket-Boy View Post
    Another option would be to buy a big stainless vessel of your required size, take it to an engineering works and get them to weld a 2" triclover port near the bottom.
    You can easily get low watt density elements in the triclover configuration to put into that port.

The plus with that is its a doddle to remove from the vessel for cleaning purposes. If you decide later that you want a change you can just put a blanking plate on to cover the fitting and move the element to another vessel.
    I quite like this idea. Keeps everything modular like my system is already.

Do you perhaps know where one could buy a stainless steel vessel or have it made?

Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    Absolutely, I'm keen to upsize and very much doubt it'll be to brewtools whilst I'm still here
    Only 30kg for the B80.. shipping should be a breeze.. haha. damn I wish.

Quote Originally Posted by PaBz0r View Post
    Only 30kg for the B80.. shipping should be a breeze.. haha. damn I wish.
    only 700 (or R13k) extra for the BBP150 ;-) 'kin pos rand....