Where you immigrating to?
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Originally posted by Langchop View Post
      Where you immigrating to?
      either a move back to nz or move to london. writing on the wall and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
        tick-tock, tick-tock. 14 months left for some personal plans to kick off
        Where you headed to?

EDIT LOL called it before you even said it. It's sad to see so many good people go.

Comment

You used to be in NZ? Why did you leave, you silly person?

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
            You used to be in NZ? Why did you leave, you silly person?
            retrospect is a beautiful thing. mainly family, we had some other reasons but your perspective changes when you humanize. if you're not constantly reminded of how bad you are, if you're not living in fear of the crime lotto, you start to realize that you're living...not surviving and you're depriving your kids from familial relationships, once enough time has passed to have hope again in humanity and you start to believe that things weren't "that bad in SA" then you move back.

Comment

retrospect is a beautiful thing. mainly family, we had some other reasons but your perspective changes when you humanize. if you're not constantly reminded of how bad you are, if you're not living in fear of the crime lotto, you start to realize that you're living...not surviving and you're depriving your kids from familial relationships, once enough time has passed to have hope again in humanity and you start to believe that things weren't "that bad in SA" then you move back.
              thanks for that. Now I'm sad but you said it very well. I used to live in London and once back it only took a few months for the rose colored glasses to be ripped off again.

Comment

My vote is back to NZ .... they drink flat beer in London
                The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                  My vote is back to NZ .... they drink flat beer in London
                  Mmmm Steinlager

Comment

Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
                    Mmmm Steinlager
                    wont stop brewing. I like both UK and NZ beers. Macs was my goto https://macs.co.nz/range/beers and too many english beers to mention. Pity we dont get the hops (challenger,northdown and target iirc) to make a Fullers London Pride, easy session beer, but timothy taylors landlord is mint and you can clone that easy here

Comment

wont stop brewing. I like both UK and NZ beers. Macs was my goto https://macs.co.nz/range/beers and too many english beers to mention. Pity we dont get the hops (challenger,northdown and target iirc) to make a Fullers London Pride, easy session beer, but timothy taylors landlord is mint and you can clone that easy here
                      NZ has some killer hops varieties these days. Easily starting to rival the US and way better than ZA as the climate there is ideal.

Comment

I have always been a bit confused about the groenspookasem and not able to piece it all together from the few revealing statements over the years , so I have to ask...

-You were born here right?
                        -Are english speaking, and got an Afrikaans 'handle' from an afrikaans ex girlfriend?
                        -Spent most of your life here?
                        -Chose to move to NZ initially because?

Anyway, all the best with the plans. You will be missed around here when the time comes.

We are in the early stages of looking at options in the land of Guinness.
                        Cheers,
                        Lang
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I have always been a bit confused about the groenspookasem and not able to piece it all together from the few revealing statements over the years , so I have to ask...

-You were born here right?
                          -Are english speaking, and got an Afrikaans 'handle' from an afrikaans ex girlfriend?
                          -Spent most of your life here?
                          -Chose to move to NZ initially because?

Anyway, all the best with the plans. You will be missed around here when the time comes.

Nice
                          Nou daai is nou n lekker suip plek
                          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Love Ireland, being a close second to my birth country, Scotland. And the Guinness Gravity Bar above the factory is excellent...been there three times. You will not get a fresher pint of the black nectar.
                            Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

Originally posted by StevenD (Slainthe) View Post
                              Love Ireland, being a close second to my birth country, Scotland. And the Guinness Gravity Bar above the factory is excellent...been there three times. You will not get a fresher pint of the black nectar.
                              Guinness is in Ireland is the t.ts, I'm partial to Beamish too

@Langchop Just call me Edward Nigma.

Comment

Guinness is in Ireland is the t.ts, I'm partial to Beamish too

@Langchop Just call me Edward Nigma.
                                Dammit... that was the very word I spent 5 minutes trying to think of
                                Cheers,
                                Lang
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X