Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

full size CO2 regulator vs mini regulator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• full size CO2 regulator vs mini regulator?

Now that equipment is available for purchase again I need to buy a regulator, which would be the best - a full size CO2 regulator or a mini one with a Sodastream adapter (I can get Sodastream refills locally but have to drive 60km to get a CO2 refill)?
    Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
    Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Originally posted by Andreas View Post
    Now that equipment is available for purchase again I need to buy a regulator, which would be the best - a full size CO2 regulator or a mini one with a Sodastream adapter (I can get Sodastream refills locally but have to drive 60km to get a CO2 refill)?
    I what price? ... they usually only exchange those cylinders ?
    If on the other hand you have a contact to fill, why cant they fill the COČ Cylinder also?

PS: A 2 or 5 KG Cylinder last forever so you might make that 60KM trip once or twice a year only (Dependent on amount of kegs tho)
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

What Jigsaw said...

Normal Sodastream refills are insanely expensive. (I think by a multiple of 10 or so, if I remember correctly)

From what I have seen the normal regulators and the mini's arent much different in price, and I suspect quality and reliability is probably compromised for compactness. I would go with the normal one.
      Cheers,
      Lang
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

We use both. The Sodastream option is adequate for dispensing, doesn't really work for keg carbonation unless you like paying a lot of money.

Cost is not comparable, the Sodastreams are insane compared to a 2kg bottle.

Comment

Not sure what you guys pay up there on the reef. But here a 2kg refill can be had for around R35 and a 5kg for near R65. That makes soda stream just crazy expensive.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by atunguyd View Post
            Not sure what you guys pay up there on the reef. But here a 2kg refill can be had for around R35 and a 5kg for near R65. That makes soda stream just crazy expensive.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
            R150 for a 2kg and almost double that for a 5kg. If you rent, then you add bottle rental as well.

Comment

Working...
            X