full size CO2 regulator vs mini regulator?

Now that equipment is available for purchase again I need to buy a regulator, which would be the best - a full size CO2 regulator or a mini one with a Sodastream adapter (I can get Sodastream refills locally but have to drive 60km to get a CO2 refill)?
    Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
    Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Now that equipment is available for purchase again I need to buy a regulator, which would be the best - a full size CO2 regulator or a mini one with a Sodastream adapter (I can get Sodastream refills locally but have to drive 60km to get a CO2 refill)?
    I what price? ... they usually only exchange those cylinders ?
    If on the other hand you have a contact to fill, why cant they fill the COČ Cylinder also?

PS: A 2 or 5 KG Cylinder last forever so you might make that 60KM trip once or twice a year only (Dependent on amount of kegs tho)
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

What Jigsaw said...

Normal Sodastream refills are insanely expensive. (I think by a multiple of 10 or so, if I remember correctly)

From what I have seen the normal regulators and the mini's arent much different in price, and I suspect quality and reliability is probably compromised for compactness. I would go with the normal one.
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

We use both. The Sodastream option is adequate for dispensing, doesn't really work for keg carbonation unless you like paying a lot of money.

Cost is not comparable, the Sodastreams are insane compared to a 2kg bottle.

Not sure what you guys pay up there on the reef. But here a 2kg refill can be had for around R35 and a 5kg for near R65. That makes soda stream just crazy expensive.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    Not sure what you guys pay up there on the reef. But here a 2kg refill can be had for around R35 and a 5kg for near R65. That makes soda stream just crazy expensive.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    R150 for a 2kg and almost double that for a 5kg. If you rent, then you add bottle rental as well.