Thread: Mango addition

Mango addition

Howdy All,

I've brewed a 32l APA for a upcoming party but Mangos have just come into season here so I am toying with the idea of bottling half the batch and then adding some mango to the other half for a couple days then bottling the rest.

I'm a little concerned about O2 coming in as I bottle the first half. But it will be all gone in a pretty short space of time. Is this a dumb idea?

if your careful you should still have the c02 layer on top, also the Mango addition will trigger further fermentation which should scrub any 02. Seeing as you will be drinking it all at the party I don't think you will really have an issue with oxygenation in such a short time.

I have not made any beers with fruit additions - thou sounds like something I'd like to try one day.
    I saw a video on youtube while back .. think called Mango IPA.. Maybe you can lift some tips from there.
    See if I can find it for you.

It's this one I was talking about:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMYGOcLwtQk

.. tho a lot of videos came up when I searched for 'Mango IPA'
    Last edited by AlexBrew; 16th October 2020 at 17:59. Reason: youtube link added

Like alex i have 0 exp with fruit additions. The only 2c i have is. If your really want to do it give it a go. Dont let us stop you. And check out quantities very carefully. The internet will be your friend here. Be very careful not to overdo it. O and how are you going to ensure you dont get an infection? Microwave for 10s?

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Great. I think I'll go for it. but might just do 10l. That way if I mess it up I still have plenty in reserve and I also don't think I'll want too much left over.
    I was going to puree the mango then pasteurize for 10 Mins ~ 80 deg.

Quote Originally Posted by hopingmadinZam View Post
    Great. I think I'll go for it. but might just do 10l. That way if I mess it up I still have plenty in reserve and I also don't think I'll want too much left over.
    I was going to puree the mango then pasteurize for 10 Mins ~ 80 deg.
    The going rate is about 1.5Kg puree to 25L of beer
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!