No announcement yet.

My first lager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again Im going to hammer the point that if your software and recipe says you must get "X" and you get "Z", then you're doing it wrong, because your equipment isn't setup correctly in relation to the software.

Over/under shooting a point or two happens to everyone every now and then, but 10 points and your doing it wrong ... Sorry to say (AGAIN)
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
      Once again Im going to hammer the point that if your software and recipe says you must get "X" and you get "Z", then you're doing it wrong, because your equipment isn't setup correctly in relation to the software.

Over/under shooting a point or two happens to everyone every now and then, but 10 points and your doing it wrong ... Sorry to say (AGAIN)
      Yea .. you're right. I had my system setup for 75% initially. With my own mill i can mill finer till I have sparge problems - which hasn't happened yet .. I know I need to up my default to to 85%. I also think the smaller the batches have better efficiencies ... I'm getting the trend of 80% for 10kgs grain and 90% for 5kgs less ??

Comment

Originally posted by Mouter View Post
        Damn this yeast is slow! After three days of happy chugging the SG is only down to 1,053. I think I should brew a pale ale with kveik this weekend if I don’t want to be forced to drink commercial beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Took a gravity now and it’s down to 1,021 so the yeast has been busy. Slightly sour tasting, will the yeast still clean that up? I work super hygienic so can’t think that it’s an infection. I rehydrated a sealed packet of dry yeast in cooled preboiled water.

Comment

Originally posted by Mouter View Post
          Took a gravity now and it’s down to 1,021 so the yeast has been busy. Slightly sour tasting, will the yeast still clean that up? I work super hygienic so can’t think that it’s an infection. I rehydrated a sealed packet of dry yeast in cooled preboiled water.

That sour you taste is the yeast still in suspension, so dont worry

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TheLazyFisherman View Post
            That sour you taste is the yeast still in suspension, so dont worry

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
            I took another sample yesterday. The sour taste is gone but the beer now tastes very similar to a SMaSH I brewed using Viking Pale malt and Cascade hops.

Hopefully it’ll become something more spectacular after fermentation is complete and it’s bottle conditioned for some time.

Comment

I bottled the Pilsner a week ago, and tried one yesterday. It was my first time fining with gelatin and it worked really well. Carbonation isn’t quite what it should be yet, but it’s a tasty beer. I’m sure it’ll get better if I can leave it to condition long enough. I’ve split the bottles, half are in my fermentation fridge at 12° and the rest in our laundry where I usually store my beer. I’m going to leave the ones in the fridge until I need it for my next brew and see if there’s a marked difference.

Comment

Very nice lager.... well done

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
                Busy rebuilding ....

Comment

Looks Good
                  The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Working...
                  X