BUGUBrew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUGUBrew

I've made a beer brewing software app .. which I called BU:GU:Brew .. basically coz BU:GU ratio is the balance ratio for the perfect beer. I call it Buggu brew... Buchu being solely being South African ..
    Here's the main user interface:
    bugubrew.jpg
    Here a screenshot of he famous Killer Hop Pale Ale..
    I'm keen to hear what you think.
    I'm willing to let anybody have a copy of this software.

Nice. Pre-loaded ingredients in library?

Sent from my ART-L29 using Tapatalk
    Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
    Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Comment

Nice

Is there an option for "No-chill" ?

eg. Something you can tick that will show the effect on IBU ratings ?
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Nice work Alex. Im envious of you clever guys who can do this kind of thing.
        Cheers,
        Lang
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas View Post
          Nice. Pre-loaded ingredients in library?

Sent from my ART-L29 using Tapatalk

Yes, Grain Hops Yeast from BF.
          AlexBrew
          Last edited by AlexBrew; 22 October 2020, 09:47. Reason: copyright

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
            Nice

Is there an option for "No-chill" ?
            No .. I made the app as I understand brewing from my practical experiences which is a kettle on a gas cooker and all grain in a mash tun. So there's no special extract options ... yet.
            How would no chill be different in software capture to say immersion chiller?
            Anything that is missing on the software I can add - I just need to understand how it works.

eg. Something you can tick that will show the effect on IBU ratings ?
            Not sure what you mean - All the techical detail re SRM LOVI EBC IBU OG FG ABV Mash Eff etc calcs I got from the internet. The IBU calcs I got from John Palmer's "How to Brew" - I see there are several methods/theories to calculating IBU's - I used the method as in Palmers book - don't know what that is called.

Comment

Hi Alex....nice job on the app. Good to have a locally-developed option for a change! I would be more than happy to have a look through it for you and offer some constructive criticism, after having done a bit of Q&A testing in the IT industry through my 40yr career. Send me a PM if you are interested.
              Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

Originally posted by StevenD (Slainthe) View Post
                Hi Alex....nice job on the app. Good to have a locally-developed option for a change! I would be more than happy to have a look through it for you and offer some constructive criticism, after having done a bit of Q&A testing in the IT industry through my 40yr career. Send me a PM if you are interested.
                yes.. will do. I still need to 'fool proof' the app with validation and meaningfull messages. and there's some small things I need to finish off. Will be in touch.

Comment

Keen to give it a try

Comment

Same here will also give it a try and present some feedback

Comment

HI Alex - I would love a copy of the app
                      Regards

Comment

Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
                        No .. I made the app as I understand brewing from my practical experiences which is a kettle on a gas cooker and all grain in a mash tun. So there's no special extract options ... yet.
                        How would no chill be different in software capture to say immersion chiller?
                        Anything that is missing on the software I can add - I just need to understand how it works.

Not sure what you mean - All the techical detail re SRM LOVI EBC IBU OG FG ABV Mash Eff etc calcs I got from the internet. The IBU calcs I got from John Palmer's "How to Brew" - I see there are several methods/theories to calculating IBU's - I used the method as in Palmers book - don't know what that is called.

oops, Sorry. I was under the impression you knew more about "no-chill"
                        Im not really sure how to explain it in order for you to somehow add it to the software

No-chill have an effect on each hop addition's IBU rating.
                        Here's an image of that effect ....
                        No_Chill_Hop_Adjust2.jpg

So, usually people move the hop addition forward (20min as per pic) or just lower the amount of hops per addition to match the original IBU's as you would get more utilization from the hops that stays warm inside the hot no-chill cube.

See if you can download a free software called brewmate ... it has a No-chill option that will show you the effects and maybe give you an idea

- - - Updated - - -

@ Doug-Batch

Welcome
                        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                          See if you can download a free software called brewmate ...
                          Thanks for the heads-up. I just downloaded it and it looks a lot like the now unavailable Brewersfriend app, so I am glad this one is available as I quite liked the Brewersfriend app.

https://brewmate.software.informer.com/ if anybody wants the link.
                          Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

If you do decide to develop it further and adapt for different systems, then yes, it would be awesome to have a local software to support, and good luck then.

In its current form is it able to accommodate water top ups after mashing (sparge+other) and water top ups after boil? [ie. "high gravity brewing"]
                            Cheers,
                            Lang
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Reason why I developed my app is because I couldnt find anything free. BeerSmith is probably industry standard - I was looking for a crack but after an hour faffing and scared of downloading critters, I stopped that. Somewhere I found another desktop app but it was very basic and I thought I can do better.
                              There are website apps but free versions are cluttered with advertisements and it's still slow going from page to page. Other website apps are restricted in number of recipes or the have a 30day time-out.

So I'm in favour of a desktop app - and if I knew about BrewMate then I might not have started with Bu:Gu:Brew.. but will develop my app as a hobby and will make it available free to use for members of this forum.

Perhaps a question could be: Which features would you like to see that are not available on say BeerSmith or BrewMate or BrewersFriend? If there are shorcomings in those apps , then I could develop something that could be usefull after all.

Comment

Working...
                              X