No announcement yet.

BUGUBrew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you looked at Brewfather yet? Web app, 10 recipe limit on free, but you can delete those and stay under 10 forever. ~R300 p/a. Heaps of integration and the dev (Thomas Gangsoy) is super active and responds fast. Still I'm keen to look at your bugubrew too.

Comment

Originally posted by Langchop View Post
      In its current form is it able to accommodate water top ups after mashing (sparge+other)
      It has a brewhouse setup where you can add water losses - then the software takes that into account for calculating total water use.. and has a customisable mashing schedule.
      brewhouse_details.jpgbrewhouse_setup.jpgmash_schedule.jpg

and water top ups after boil? [ie. "high gravity brewing"]
      NO does not accomodate for "high gravity brewing" - simply because I haven't used that method yet... but can work anything into the software as time goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
        Have you looked at Brewfather yet? Web app, 10 recipe limit on free, but you can delete those and stay under 10 forever. ~R300 p/a. Heaps of integration and the dev (Thomas Gangsoy) is super active and responds fast. Still I'm keen to look at your bugubrew too.
        Yes .. thought that had the 30day time limit on it?

Comment

Features that I didn't like from other software is that when compiling a recipe, there are so many grain/hop/yeast items to choose from or rather to scroll through before you can select the item you want. In my app you can select which items are commonly used items .. so, in my Fermentable List I have over 2000 items, a lot are the same type of grain from different manufacturers but only the 'selected' ones will appear in the dropdown on you recipe/brew design sheet.

Also other apps you create a recipe, then when brewday, you create a clone of that recipe - but what happens on the day when you unexpectedly run out say a certain hops - then on my app you can change the hop for the brew - recalc the IBUs and save the brew still with reference to the origional recipe. So now you could have say 3 brews, reference to 1 original recipe, but the brews can all have slight variations in say hops types or quanties. So it's a bit more flexible. .. and if you really like the brew, then you can save the brew as a new recipe.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
            Yes .. thought that had the 30day time limit on it?
            Nope, you can use the free version post the 30day premium trial. I used it for some time but am now a subscriber.
            I really like the fact that it manages my inventory for me(premium feature) and includes water profiling and management for each recipe...

Comment

Originally posted by CaPunT View Post
              Nope, you can use the free version post the 30day premium trial. I used it for some time but am now a subscriber.
              I really like the fact that it manages my inventory for me(premium feature) and includes water profiling and management for each recipe...
              Ok great.. I see mine has 13days left on premium.. I refer to these other apps 'how they do things' than try mimic them to my satifaction. Thought of the inventory as a next module to my app. I already do it for my gas cylinders - then based on your batch size and boil duration - then calcs to see if you have enough gas in your bottle for your brew.

Comment

I have a full subscription to BeerSmith 3 and very happy with it but I would still like to try this one out

Comment

Let me finish the app.
                  I've looked at youtube BeerSmith tutorials - I also like the simplicity of BrewMate.
                  I'll let you guys know when I'm happy with it and querks have been sorted out. I don't want to upload a version that behaves odd for a first time user and gets put off..

Comment

Let me finish the app.
                    I've looked at youtube BeerSmith tutorials - I also like the simplicity of BrewMate.
                    I'll let you guys know when I'm happy with it and querks have been sorted out. I don't want to upload a version that behaves odd for a first time user and gets put off..
                    Yes, perfect for a newcomer to the hobby

I use Beersmith 90% of the time, but Im also stating to like Brewfather more & more and like I said before, I have a feeling that it will worldwide take over from Beersmith
                    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

I've made a beer brewing software app .. which I called BU:GU:Brew .. basically coz BU:GU ratio is the balance ratio for the perfect beer. I call it Buggu brew... Buchu being solely being South African ..
                      Here's the main user interface:
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]2725[/ATTACH]
                      Here a screenshot of he famous Killer Hop Pale Ale..
                      I'm keen to hear what you think.
                      I'm willing to let anybody have a copy of this software.
                      Please oh please never use the phrase "software app" ever again!

Just call it an app or application if you're that old school [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A107F using Tapatalk

Comment

Compiled executable program

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a bit of a play around with the BrewMate and quite liking the workflow on it. Only thing missing is the bjcp comparison guide and a inventory section. I see that recipes are stored as sepperate xml files - I think the same as BeerSmith, which makes it easier for recipe sharing but you don't have the collective of all your recipes on one screen.

Then had a look at the BrewFather webapp where the bjcp guide is in your face - only thing I don't like is that navigation between pages is slow and that information is not compact, meaning limited info can fit on a page.

I'm going to remodel BuGuBrew to suit the style of BrewMate and add the bjcp comparison guide and an inventory. BuGuBrew data is stored on a database rather than xml files.

Comment

Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                            Compiled executable program

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
                            [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A107F using Tapatalk

Comment

Features that I didn't like from other software is that when compiling a recipe, there are so many grain/hop/yeast items to choose from or rather to scroll through before you can select the item you want. In my app you can select which items are commonly used items .. so, in my Fermentable List I have over 2000 items, a lot are the same type of grain from different manufacturers but only the 'selected' ones will appear in the dropdown on you recipe/brew design sheet.

Also other apps you create a recipe, then when brewday, you create a clone of that recipe - but what happens on the day when you unexpectedly run out say a certain hops - then on my app you can change the hop for the brew - recalc the IBUs and save the brew still with reference to the origional recipe. So now you could have say 3 brews, reference to 1 original recipe, but the brews can all have slight variations in say hops types or quanties. So it's a bit more flexible. .. and if you really like the brew, then you can save the brew as a new recipe.
                              Brewfather also has that. You can save the edited (brewed) recipe as a clone, update the original or just keep it in the batch log.
                              I'd also like to test your software- looks interesting.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback - appreciate it.
                                Just an update - I am busy remodeling BuGuBrew to suit the workflow of BrewMate, in addition adding extra features to it - like the BJCP style comparrison. Later I will add an inventory to it ..
                                It's a slow process - meaning which there's a lot of coding to be done - and I don't sit on this all the time .. but it will get there..
                                I will let you guys know when it's ready

Comment

Working...
                                X