No announcement yet.

Benoni Brew All-in-One Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will post a review in the new year when I'm back home and can do a brew. Still need to test it out but did do a few modifcations already in prep for the brewday

Comment

Originally posted by Jitters View Post
      Will post a review in the new year when I'm back home and can do a brew. Still need to test it out but did do a few modifcations already in prep for the brewday
      Hey Jitters,

Just wondering how your brew went on this AIO system? Care to share your thoughts?
      I'm considering one as well.
      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by HoboSpit View Post
        Hey Jitters,

Just wondering how your brew went on this AIO system? Care to share your thoughts?
        Thanks!
        Also got one (and chris s) , so far very happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_za1 View Post
          Also got one (and chris s) , so far very happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Very nice!
          So I bit the bullet and got myself one of these today on special: https://letsbrew.co.za/product/brew-...ewing-machine/
          Been saving up for an AIO system cause I live in an apartment and it seems like the most cost+space effective. Any tips or QOL improvements you've figured out with your system so far?

Comment

Originally posted by HoboSpit View Post
            Hey Jitters,

Thanks!
            Sam just got me the corona mill, so not the AIO system. I promised to do a review and completely forgot

The corona mill has been a bit of an pain to get dialled in, crush was too fine the last 3 brews so my recirculation got stuck and then the final time I burned out my element.

I have it set to cc width at the moment but I think its too wide now as it took my nearly 2 hours to get 65% mash conversion.

I will tighten it up some more for the next brew and try again.

Its solidly constructed but you can see the machining is not 100% true so does require some modification to allow the plates to be more in alignment see below.

For R300 bucks it was well worth it, I now just have to get it set lekker.

Also you need to mod it a bit to have it all lined up. I added a few washers to the end cap to create a bit of space and added a bolt to allow me to run it with a drill.

Comment

Hey SamIL, I just purchased this device and keenly waiting for it to arrive. It will replace my annoying pots and pans system which has been good enough thus far, but always wanted an AIO system for bigger reliable batches.
              How many brews have you done on this up to now? What has been your experience? Can you share any tips for setup on beersmith? or anything to help with dialling in recipes? Going to do a Mosaic SMASH for first brew and hoping to get 35-38l into fermenter - is this even possible?
              Also, do I need a special electrical plug installed or can this run of a standard household plug in my kitchen?
              Hope the brews have been going well!!!

Thanks
              Warren

Comment

@blackfoxbrew Welcome
                The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

thank you muchly! hopefully with the new brew setup I can be more active

Comment

Working...
                  X