Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voile

Voile

Greetings all

I want to try miab. Where can i get voile material in CT and what am i looking for hole size-wise? Not really intending to brew in a bag but mash in a bag. I tried a pillow case with a epic fail as its too fine.

I bought from here. https://tablebaycurtains.co.za/ R80 for a 2.8mx1m

Thanks Jitters

Anything specific you can suggest?

I do exactly that... I think. I have a 50litre Coleman coolerbox I mash in. The drainage system is made from electrical conduit. .. then I wrap it with 3 layers of kitchen curtain material I bought from PEP stores - stitched into bags that fit the drainage system. Think it was R60 for lots of m2. I get fairly good mash efficiency out of this 75-80%

20200514_123531.jpgIMG-20200515-WA0031.jpgIMG-20200530-WA0027.jpgIMG-20200515-WA0029.jpg

Bought mine at Pep Home as well. moved on from Bag though but it wasn't that expensive and I got 2 large bags out of one

I bought mine at the local material shop thing. R30 per meter, and 1m is 1.5m wide or something like that. So I bought 3 meters, and had their guys there stitch up two grain bags I used in my 200l BIAB experiment. Doubled up the material for double the filtering as well. It worked pretty well. I still have one of those big-ass bags (like 1.5m x 1m in size or something like that) around there somewhere. Think I need to re-purpose it for home brewing...

Thank you all my brew days is going to be so much lol

et voile(a). you'll know what happens behind the curtains and when the final curtain calls

I also got some material from Chamdor.. cheap as chips. Now just have to get the bag stitched up. I found this site for the plans : https://lukasholenweg.com/2017/02/15...best-biab-bag/

but I'm thinking if you've got a nice uniform urn with same diameter top and bottom you don't have to do that , right? Just cut a rectangle for the side and then a circle for the bottom?