Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: The Beer Keg

  1. #11

    I have also tried a few of your shops... Canít complain about the service. When it comes to repackaged hops I must say Bevplus packages it the best. Clearly marked dates, properly sealed and bubble wrapped.

  2. #12
    This happened to me. They told me I could pay in store but when I got there they didnt charge me, this was beerlab.

    I must say the service from both bl and bg has been top notch.

    Brewmart in pta has also been good!!

    My two cents

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Hartbeespoort/De Wildt
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by FaanP View Post
    Did they close down? Can't find their website - used to my favourite online store .....
    Vince le Roux sold Beer Keg to Sean Watts MANY years ago. Then Sean Watts got involved in The Growler Company brewery......which died as well. Sean then left brewing completely and took up Buddhism.
    Then Heidi took over the shop as The Brewshop. Same complex as Vince and Agars.
    Then COVID happened and Heidi has temporarily closed the shop in Kya Sands.

    Then Bevplus pulled the plug on the Gauteng shop.

    Brewmart and Brewcraft are your best bet in Gauteng (yes, there are others, but.........)

    Brewmart has an outlet in Clubview/Centurion and Johan is busy relocating the Villeria shop to a new prem.

    Brewcraft has a shop near Telkom Head Office in Centurion and the main shop in Kempton Park.

  4. #14
    brewcraft cant sell online, so my moneys going elsewhere. i used to spend heaps to "justify" shipping.
    my 2c;
    beerplus/bevplus is the best for bulk hops and specialised equipment. it's a bit of a drive for me, but i like them
    beerguevara has thomas fawcett and castle malting, both favorites. i'm not a fan of their repackaged hops
    beerlab is also a bit of a drive, i tend to go there the least but do support them, verdant yeast anyone ;-)

    having said that, i haven't been to a brewshop for months, bulk is best
    Last edited by groenspookasem; 14th November 2020 at 14:19.

  5. #15
    Senior Member FaanP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Meyerton, Gauteng
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeslouw View Post
    Vince le Roux sold Beer Keg to Sean Watts MANY years ago. Then Sean Watts got involved in The Growler Company brewery......which died as well. Sean then left brewing completely and took up Buddhism.
    Then Heidi took over the shop as The Brewshop. Same complex as Vince and Agars.
    Then COVID happened and Heidi has temporarily closed the shop in Kya Sands.

    Then Bevplus pulled the plug on the Gauteng shop.

    Brewmart and Brewcraft are your best bet in Gauteng (yes, there are others, but.........)

    Brewmart has an outlet in Clubview/Centurion and Johan is busy relocating the Villeria shop to a new prem.

    Brewcraft has a shop near Telkom Head Office in Centurion and the main shop in Kempton Park.
    Thank you for the info ...
    Busy rebuilding ....

  6. #16
    Since going to level 1 lockdown, BrewCraft do sell online.
    For bulk grain and hops I use Bevplus.
    For low quantities of caramel and special grains I use BrewCraft.
    Most of my yeast I also purchase from BrewCraft.
    Brewmart for flaked wheat, oats etc. and sometimes small quantites of hops and certain Lallemand yeast.
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Hartbeespoort/De Wildt
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    having said that, i haven't been to a brewshop for months, bulk is best
    Which reminds me to go and put my 25kg of choc malt and 75kgs of SAB pale in sealed drums before the rats have a party...........

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    1,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Again?
    Apparently, yes. The lady running it now (Heidi) is actually more known for supplying bulk malts to breweries and stuff but in the middle of lockdown I was buying some from here and told her "this place looks a lot like the Beer Keg" and she said "this IS the Beer Keg" or something like that. Same complex, different warehouse. Huge mess, but her service is orraait. I haven't ordered online though - only drive there and bought in store.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Apparently, yes. The lady running it now (Heidi) is actually more known for supplying bulk malts to breweries and stuff but in the middle of lockdown I was buying some from here and told her "this place looks a lot like the Beer Keg" and she said "this IS the Beer Keg" or something like that. Same complex, different warehouse. Huge mess, but her service is orraait. I haven't ordered online though - only drive there and bought in store.
    Thanks for the heads up.

    Sent from my ART-L29 using Tapatalk
    Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
    Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

  10. #20

    Quote Originally Posted by BeerHolic View Post
    Since going to level 1 lockdown, BrewCraft do sell online.
    For bulk grain and hops I use Bevplus.
    For low quantities of caramel and special grains I use BrewCraft.
    Most of my yeast I also purchase from BrewCraft.
    Brewmart for flaked wheat, oats etc. and sometimes small quantites of hops and certain Lallemand yeast.
    How? I just checked, can't add anything to my shopping cart on their site.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •