Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good day Ya'll

Hey everyone!

Stumbled upon this forum after investigating the Urn conversion route and came across some very helpful threads.

Homebrewer from Cape Town, pretty new to the scene still. Only got into it from the beginning of hard lockdown after my brewer friend mentioned that I can just make my own beer.

Really been getting into it, so far brewed the following small batch brews:
    - APA x 2
    - Spicy Weiss
    - NEIPA
    - Cucumber & Mint Kolsch

Cheers!

Welcome!! Keen to see your progress with your build and of course, more importantly the results

Comment

Cool, lots of Cape Townians joining the club.
      I also got nudged into brewing coz of lockdown. First brew jumped the bandwaggon and did the pineapple concoction which came out awefull - dry and think 15% abv.. lol. Then a apple cider brew which was better when I thought I should be brewing proper beer... and tadaaa .. couple months later I'm 10kgs heavier.
      Just counted .. 19 brews later.

Comment

Welcome and enjoy brewing!
        How did the build go?

Sent from my ART-L29 using Tapatalk
        Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
        Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Comment

@Dylanabanana Welcome
          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Welcome!! Yep, lots of Capetonians on the forum, possibly some within very close proximity to yourself...
            Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas View Post
              Welcome and enjoy brewing!
              How did the build go?

Sent from my ART-L29 using Tapatalk
              Haven't started yet, still deciding on which urn to go with, but once that happens I'll be sure to document the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Dylanabanana View Post
                Haven't started yet, still deciding on which urn to go with, but once that happens I'll be sure to document the process.

I may have a solution for you

Comment

Originally posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
                  I may have a solution for you
                  Oh yeah? Colour me intrigued

Comment

Oh yeah? Colour me intrigued
                    I'm likely going to get the BenoniBrew 45LT system and will have my Caterpride DIY all in one system for sale, there's a thread on it here somewhere.

Comment

https://www.wortsandall.co.za/showth...in-One-Systems
                      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

I'm likely going to get the BenoniBrew 45LT system and will have my Caterpride DIY all in one system for sale, there's a thread on it here somewhere.
                        Yeah that BenoniBrew system also looks very tempting, but going to have to skip for now.

Great! Send me a message if you'd like, can chat about your Caterpride! Sounds great

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                        @Dylanabanana Welcome
                        Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by StevenD (Slainthe) View Post
                        Welcome!! Yep, lots of Capetonians on the forum, possibly some within very close proximity to yourself...
                        Oh yeah for sure! I'm actually interested to see if there's anyone else based in the CBD/Gardens area

Comment

Yeah that BenoniBrew system also looks very tempting, but going to have to skip for now.

Great! Send me a message if you'd like, can chat about your Caterpride! Sounds great

Oh yeah for sure! I'm actually interested to see if there's anyone else based in the CBD/Gardens area
                          I'll let you know next week, gotta see if I'm going to get it and then what I'm going to bundle with the Caterpride, I've spent a fair amount of time to get it where I want

Comment

I'll let you know next week, gotta see if I'm going to get it and then what I'm going to bundle with the Caterpride, I've spent a fair amount of time to get it where I want
                            Yeah for sure, no rush, Im keeping my eye on Black Friday specials anyway. Hopefully an urn pops up on one.

Comment

Working...
                            X