No announcement yet.

Beer and Pine Apple Beer what and why.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer and Pine Apple Beer what and why.

I see that Pine apple beer stops at about 2% alcohol by volume, why?
    I was under the impression that if you brewed it like beer with enough time and sugar + yeast strain you could get a 4- 7 % P/A/Beer.

Why is this and is there a way to do as I imagined?

Originally posted by Treeman View Post
    I see that Pine apple beer stops at about 2% alcohol by volume, why?
    I was under the impression that if you brewed it like beer with enough time and sugar + yeast strain you could get a 4- 7 % P/A/Beer.

Why is this and is there a way to do as I imagined?
    Depends on the sugar, ph, temp and a few factors. You could in theory make 12-18% pineapple wine

Sent from my ART-L29 using Tapatalk
    Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
    Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Comment

That must be in reference to a specific recipe with a specific sugar concentration? Should be able to target a 'beer like' ABV range without issue
      Cheers,
      Lang
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Brewed a couple of pinapple wines / beer for the wife. ABV 6%.
        Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

My pineapple beer is always 6%+

That recipe you have must be pineapples only with no sugar ??
          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Beerholic and Jigsaw, could you Pleeez send me you way of doing it, even if just a voice message ?
            Beer and wine.
            The idea of a beer like P/A Beer is very very appealing to me.

If a voice note is easier 0824141818
            or share here for all?

Comment

My mother used to make it for us as kids. I dont think she realised it was 'real' alcohol. My art homework was very creative sometimes.
              Cheers,
              Lang
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Treeman View Post
                Beerholic and Jigsaw, could you Pleeez send me you way of doing it, even if just a voice message ?
                Beer and wine.
                The idea of a beer like P/A Beer is very very appealing to me.

If a voice note is easier 0824141818
                or share here for all?
                https://www.instructables.com/Lets-M...ineapple-Beer/
                The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by Langchop View Post
                  My mother used to make it for us as kids. I dont think she realised it was 'real' alcohol. My art homework was very creative sometimes.
                  This made me laugh out loud! Classic

Comment

Thank you Jigsaw
                    Please can someone explain.
                    It appears the P/A beer carries on fermenting in the bottle to a dangerous degree?

Why can the P/A Beer not be fermented like beer and have a priming sugar added to carbonate in bottle?
                    Whats the differance? - Why the continued uncapped type of fermentation.

Comment

You normally want pineapple beer sweet, so you usually chill to stop yeast activity before it eats all the sugar. So there is lots of sugar left in the pineapple beer for the yeast to keep fermenting if given the chance. If not halted, the drink will go incredibly dry and unpleasant and highly alcoholic.
                      Cheers,
                      Lang
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Langchop View Post
                        You normally want pineapple beer sweet, so you usually chill to stop yeast activity before it eats all the sugar. So there is lots of sugar left in the pineapple beer for the yeast to keep fermenting if given the chance. If not halted, the drink will go incredibly dry and unpleasant and highly alcoholic.
                        Slowly things come together, you old boys may forget how hard new is.
                        I just got too understand "dry" "alcohol content" and sweetening and how its lost. A lot just came together in above post.

Is this dry pineapple necessarily "dry and unpleasant" or is it perhaps nice different nice but not like P/A Beer - or just plain "fok nee!"

Comment

What I did with my pineapple beer when it turned out dry (FG 0.996) and strong (15% abv) and had no residual carbonation - just mix 50/50 with lemonade or sprite with some eisch... it's naaaisch

Comment

you could also stop fermentation by pasteurizing your beer. some guys chuck bottled beer in the dishwasher, should kill the yeast and "lock" in your sugar. i cant speak to p/beer, but a sugarwash at 11.5% tastes pretty grim as is.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
                              What I did with my pineapple beer when it turned out dry (FG 0.996) and strong (15% abv) and had no residual carbonation - just mix 50/50 with lemonade or sprite with some eisch... it's naaaisch
                              Alexb - GSasem, could you not add sugar, at 6/7 gr per liter like beer and carbonate in bottle, like a IPA or any other?
                              I am really interested in a beer thats Pine apple flavored, but a beer, not a half measure, a full real beer thats really Pine Apple, wonder if its possible?

Comment

Working...
                              X