Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBrew View Post
    This your unhopped Amarillo SMASH ? -
    What volumes CO2 did you use ?
    Yip. This one was 70grams of brown sugar (all I had) for 10l... So according to the calculator about 2.4

Im usually around 2.2 to 2.4. Not always to style but i prefer it lower rather then higher

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BruHaha View Post
    Cracked the amarillo smash now. So what's that.. About 2 weeks grain to glass with bottling. Prolly a bit soon but oh well, it's well carbed so not too bad.

This is the no hopped one and still quite hoppy (for me). It'll be interesting comparing the dryhopped one to this one.

It has (what I think it is) a dankness to it... Sweaty sockish. Is that right?

Just to close this off. The flavour is still there but maybe a bit reduced (or I've just gotten used to it).

On the other hand, I opened a bottle of the other half of the batch (the one that was dryhopped for 5 days). My word it's like a different beer. The same aroma is there, but THAT taste is not there at all. Very nice!

Ive never understood the use of the word Dank! Its used like a good thing. But it doesn't inspire that feeling with me. My English runs out so i have no idea what it actually means but it doesn't sound good.

Quote Originally Posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    Ive never understood the use of the word Dank! Its used like a good thing. But it doesn't inspire that feeling with me. My English runs out so i have no idea what it actually means but it doesn't sound good.
    Googled:
    What is dank slang for?

ABOUT THIS WORD
    When not describing something as “moist” and “humid” like a basement, dank is a slang term describing something as “excellent,” especially marijuana. Dank can also refer to memes that are played out or extremely weird.

So, me thinks it's a bunch of pot heads that where/are brewing beer... and saying " aww wow man, this brewsky is realy dank !"
    Last edited by AlexBrew; 7th January 2021 at 20:22.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBrew View Post
    Googled:
    What is dank slang for?

ABOUT THIS WORD
    When not describing something as “moist” and “humid” like a basement, dank is a slang term describing something as “excellent,” especially marijuana. Dank can also refer to memes that are played out or extremely weird.

So, me thinks it's a bunch of pot heads that where/are brewing beer... and saying " aww wow man, this brewsky is realy dank !"

...but I think the "dankness" that BruHaha refers to is more inline with the aroma of a moist basement ??
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Something along the lines of "yea that's sick mannnnn"!?

I have often heard the dank description being linked to the wet cardboard taste/smell. That nailed it down pretty well for me.
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Yeah but who wants that or sox in their beer? Ill stick to citrus

Old gym socks is usually an indicator of lightstruck beer. It is more prevalent in hoppy beers and beers that are bottles in anything other than brown bottles, in my experience. I've picked it up twice in my beers. Once the bottles were mishandled, and in another instance I abused the fermenter to see what'll happen if I just do everything wrong. I think you'd either pick it up in your beer immediately and notice it, or it's hidden with dry hops. It's not a nice flavour. At all. I distilled both batches.