No announcement yet.

Be gentle.. It's my first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of bubbles while the wort is hot. Its called Hot Side Airation.

AND ITS BEEN BUSTED.

https://brulosophy.com/2014/11/18/is...iment-results/

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
      Does those PVC gloves keep the heat out?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2807[/ATTACH]

I'm looking for Silicone gloves to help with heat
      Absolutely!. I have the same and they are brilliant. I think they mean not suitable as oven gloves, furnace use etc.
      Cheers,
      Lang
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Thanks for the feedback chaps. Much appreciated

Yeah I recall the alpha A vs B discussion from a few weeks back.. thanks for the link, will readup some more.

Brewfather mash efficiency is currently set to 73.4% I'm guessing I should drop that a bit?

I'll be honest I didn't re-weight the 4kg ale malt when it came from the shop. The other little ones I weighed myself to the gram. Something I just thought of... the milled malts sat for a bit more than a month before I used it (not sure if it'll affect anything).

Yeah gravities were 1034 and 1040

So, glad I didn't make a complete stuff-up with the 1st brew... now to perfect the art.

Comment

Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
          Lots of bubbles while the wort is hot. Its called Hot Side Airation.

AND ITS BEEN BUSTED.

https://brulosophy.com/2014/11/18/is...iment-results/

Ah yeah, that's exactly what I was worried about..... but not anymore

Oh PS.. Google couldn't tell me what rhahb stands for?

Comment

I think i screwed it up but. Relax Have A Home Brew

Comment

I think i screwed it up but. Relax Have A Home Brew

Your version made more sense. I can never figure out that longer version
              Cheers,
              Lang
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Originally posted by BruHaha View Post
                Ah yeah, that's exactly what I was worried about..... but not anymore

Oh PS.. Google couldn't tell me what rhahb stands for?
                https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=RDWHAHB
                The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

your first brew will make you beer, the best beer you've had. it doesn't matter too much if its not on point, it'll be great. you've done the first brew and the experience from here on out grows exponentially.

i did a large amount of reading/research to understand every aspect of the brewing process and am still learning. each facet can be deep dived, but a working knowledge will get you far.

if you took your gravity readings you could work out how the few points lower will affect your balance, a simple method is to lower your efficiency until the numbers match, good brewing software will do the rest.

edit: drop your efficiency down to 68% at a stab, that should be in the ballpark
                  groenspookasem
                  Banned
                  Last edited by groenspookasem; 14 December 2020, 08:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Langchop View Post
                    Absolutely!. I have the same and they are brilliant. I think they mean not suitable as oven gloves, furnace use etc.
                    Thanks

The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by BruHaha View Post
                      Brewfather mash efficiency is currently set to 73.4% I'm guessing I should drop that a bit?
                      I think with Brewfather BIAB setup with circulating pump you should expect at least 80% efficiency.

I'll be honest I didn't re-weight the 4kg ale malt when it came from the shop.
                      That should be near enough. I have found that they are on the spot with this.

The other little ones I weighed myself to the gram. Something I just thought of... the milled malts sat for a bit more than a month before I used it (not sure if it'll affect anything).
                      That wouldn't be a problem. Pre-milled malts could be in a shop for months before you buy it. Google says once milled use within 3months, other say 6 months. The crush of you grain is very important. Before I had shop crushed grain and have found whole kernels in the mix. Now I have my own mill and set the crush as fine without having a stuck sparge and efficiencies have shot up.

Yeah gravities were 1034 and 1040
                      That will give you 1.040-1.008 (esitmated) * 131.25 = 4.2% ABV beer. More than a Castle Lite - but muuuuch better tasting. If you going to be bottling with priming sugar, then add another 0.3% = 4.5% should be perfect. I hope you've made enough - coz that will dissapear quick.

So, glad I didn't make a complete stuff-up with the 1st brew... now to perfect the art.
                      Just keep notes of everything - you'll refer to them later again.

Comment

Very optimistic efficiencies for a first and second brew that. But you'll get there. If you search for Toxyc s process you can get there much quicker

Comment

Yeah that one I could google

Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                          edit: drop your efficiency down to 68% at a stab, that should be in the ballpark
                          Will do

Very optimistic efficiencies for a first and second brew that. But you'll get there. If you search for Toxyc s process you can get there much quicker
                          This one? https://www.wortsandall.co.za/showth...use-efficiency

Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
                          I think with Brewfather BIAB setup with circulating pump you should expect at least 80% efficiency.
                          No pump.... yet

That wouldn't be a problem. Pre-milled malts could be in a shop for months before you buy it. Google says once milled use within 3months, other say 6 months. The crush of you grain is very important. Before I had shop crushed grain and have found whole kernels in the mix. Now I have my own mill and set the crush as fine without having a stuck sparge and efficiencies have shot up.
                          Cool thanks.. Yeah I bought the benoni mill on BF so will grind myself next time.

Just keep notes of everything - you'll refer to them later again.
                          Yep.. I have a beer book now

Comment

Yes thats the one

Comment

So pitched Nottingham tonight and it's in the fridge at 18 degrees.

From the website:
                              The optimal temperature range for Nottingham yeast when producing traditionalstyles is 10°C (50°F)* to 22°C (72°F) *at lower temperature it is possible to ferment lager-stylebeers in all-malt wort within 9 days
                              All good?

PS. I poured the cube contents through my brewbag to strain the leftover hops and other sediment bits. Was quite surprised how much gunk was left in the bag
                              BruHaha
                              Last edited by BruHaha; 14 December 2020, 20:04.

Comment

Oof....did you do that at high temps?

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X