Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

80L HERMS entire Brewing System + 76 Kegs + freezer etc etc ( R23k)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80L HERMS entire Brewing System + 76 Kegs + freezer etc etc ( R23k)

Hi Chaps

Price: R25k for everything, not really wanting to split anything up.

I have my entire brewing system possibly up for grabs. There are still one or two small areas of improvement, but they are minor.

Setup:
    3 x 80L stainless custom welded pots (allows for a brew cycle of 60L post fermentation, or 3 cornelius kegs)
    2 x pumps, hard plumbed and wired in
    4000W elements in HLT and Boil-kettle (custom low density element for BK)
    Grain grinder
    Big 1/2" immersion chiller/ heat exchanger for HLT
    10x male quick release stainless connectors
    10x female quick release stainless connectors (Connectors alone were over R3K)
    Hordes of silicone tubing for entire brewing cycle plus some
    Custom lauter arm with temperature sensor location for PID controller during mash re-circulation
    *currently the system is controlled by a custom arduino controller, via a solid-state-relay on the HLT for re-circulation and temperature control of the Mash-tun but this needs replacement possibly with a single PID controller.
    There is a mini "DB" (Distribution Board) with trip switches for control of the various pumps and elements, as well as for over-riding the HLT controller etc.
    Stainless 9m counterflow chiller with associated connections (recent purchase of ~R2.3k)

7x Pin lock cornelius kegs (2 of which have had long dip tubes cut for floating dip tube experiment, have the cut off tubes which can be reconnected with silicone, have done so in the past)
    2x 2kg CO2 bottles
    1x adjustable flow tap (there is a second one, but the flow adjustment arm broke)
    2x liquid disconnects
    2x gas disconnects
    1x CO2 regulator (a bit battered, but works fine)
    *the disconnects could be seen as a wear item

~195L defy freezer (in-built control to keep at fridge temps, purchased during lock-down, I think in June this year)
    *Isoboard insulation (50mm) to make custom lid for freezer to allow for 4 kegs to be in the freezer, and top mount taps without cutting into original lid.
    Custom keg cooler box which fits two cornelius kegs and two taps. Constructed from expoxy resin and 40mm isoboard and a considerable amount of time and fiberglass.

Additionally I have grain storage and fermentation buckets etc, some grain and currently about R1000 worth of hops (unless I brew before I sell).

I have realistically likely spent near to R40k over the years building and re-building the setup to improve it. There is still some scope for improvement( ie sewn insulating jackets and controller), but so is there always.

This is not an easy sell, and would prefer to sell as a single lot. I have not properly photographed every aspect of the system, but this is to get a feel of it all, and obviously an inspection would see that through.

Brewery .jpgKegs.jpgFreezer.jpgChillers.jpgKeg box.jpgMash equip.jpgisoboard.jpg
    GregMo
    Last edited by GregMo; 11 February 2021, 13:33.

Dude im in awe. Whould love this. Im sure one of the peeps in CT will take that off your hands. Good luck with the sale

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

Good Luck with the Sale.

Some nice equipment you've got there
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Sold to a lucky sod.

Comment

Working...
        X