No announcement yet.

Blonde cascade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just making sure.. this must stay behind right?

1.jpg

Oh.. and how do you know when you take bag squeezing to the next level?
    2.jpg

Comment

Nooit i call that yeast nutrition and let it all settle out in the fermenter. Sure my beer could be clearer but i have 3 more coz i dont dump at every stage.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
        Nooit i call that yeast nutrition and let it all settle out in the fermenter. Sure my beer could be clearer but i have 3 more coz i dont dump at every stage.

I had similar thoughts but wasn't sure. I had too much liquid (think my boiloff rate is too high) so opted to bin these. Will adjust and keep for next time.

Comment

I throw everything from my boil kettle in the fermentors - not sure if that is the correct way to do it... anyway I'm not entering a brewing competition, so who the hell cares. Tastes good to me tho

EDIT: Think adding a lot of hop trub from kettle to fermenor might add more hop bitterness (increased IBUs) .. debatable
          AlexBrew
          Last edited by AlexBrew; 29 December 2020, 20:31.

Comment

I do use a sieve when transfereing wort to fermenter, just to remove the hop trub, but I do not think it is necessary.
            Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
              I do use a sieve when transfereing wort to fermenter, just to remove the hop trub, but I do not think it is necessary.
              I did this last night when transferring from nochill cube to fermenting bucket. Actually used my voile bag through the sieve. Damn there was a lot of green sludge that stayed behind (hope it's not good stuff that should be in the fermenter).

Comment

No problem, the green stuff is the hop trub and does not need to be in the fermenter.

Comment

I tried that once, the voile ended up clogging and while trying to maneuver the voile to an unclogged spot i spilled hot wort, so im not doing that again

Comment

Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
                    I tried that once, the voile ended up clogging and while trying to maneuver the voile to an unclogged spot i spilled hot wort, so im not doing that again

Yeah it clogs badly.. also had to manoeuvre it last night. Luckily the wife was on-hand to help out.

Comment

Yes voile clogs to easily. I use s sieve as the holes are bigger but small enough to block most of the hop trub.

Comment

Meh... Power failed at 01:30.. Fermenting temp in the fridge is now 20 degrees.

Comment

Now that power is back on, should I let it get down to 18 again or just ride it out the rest of the way on 20? It's been 4 days since pitching.

Comment

Upon closer inspection the internal wort temp was 19.5
                            So I just set the stc up half a degree to 18.5 to begin the slow ramp up to 20 degrees. Panic mechanic for nothing

Comment

Definitely over-thinking it
                              The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                                Definitely over-thinking it
                                Hahaha.. Tell me about.

Comment

Working...
                                X