Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lurker Intro

Hi all,

Long time lurker - first time poster. This forum is an integral part of my daily internet browse schedule. Probably one of the more productive ones [damn reddit].

For me, sitting on the sidelines, its been interesting to see how things have changed over the last 5 or 6 years.
    It always seemed to me that contributors to the forum used to be very dogmatic - do as the internet says, or else...
    Nowadays a much more collaborative and supporting group, ie. do what works for you!

Brewing since 2011, but took some breaks in 2013/2014 (overseas) and 2016 and 2018 (children and drought). By pure coincidence I really got back into brewing in January this year and really got my groove back just in time for the lockdown.
    Was pretty chuffed - no beer droughts for me and my neighbours!

Will post some threads around my process which can probably be described as "short and shoddy" - sure to give some of you the "horries".

Onwards and upwards - have some bottling to do!

Welcome !

I enjoy challenging the holy cows and I'm sure many people find that upsetting too. I do find that the staunch crowd are quite set in their ways and still bow down to the old ways. I wont let up on sanitation and safety though, looking forward to your posts !

Comment

More than 4 years the lurker.. wow. Welcome.

Comment

Perceptive fella? Saw the lockdown coming in January already!

Welcome to the other side of lurkiness.

I love people who challenge convention. Look forward to hearing your experiences
        Cheers,
        Lang
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Thanks all. Just posted my shoddy process.

Think I'm going to upset old Groen the most.

1) I bottle and not moving to kegging anytime soon.
          2) I tend to brew Weiss. Hate banana, but can't actually taste it (might have always had COVID??)
          3) "open" ferment???

Sorry groen: benefit of lurking - I know the crowd better than they know me! Anyway - became a lurker way earlier than 2016. only registered back then.

Comment

Welcome out of your lurk...

There are a few of us here from CPT. I'm in Sunnydale (Fish Hoek area). How about yourself?
            Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

I'm actually in Town.

Bit of a coward - afraid of death of traffic.

Comment

Working...
              X