No announcement yet.

Storing harvested yeast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will be dryer but really refreshing. Think it should still be good. Maybe mash a bit higher next time though

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah. Think I'll do that next time.

Also seems like US-05 is known for going down low so will keep that in mind. Oh well.. will check again tomorrow , bottle & forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by BruHaha View Post
        Urgh...my biscuit blonde is now going on 13 days in fermenter and has dropped to 1.004/5
        How this going to affect the end result... a dry beer?
        Dry yes, but for a Blonde I suppose it will work.

You must have mashed low, cause my US05 usually never goes that low (On some of my beers I would actually prefer it)
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

I posted the question a while back about my US05 finishing low in the 1.006 zone when by design it's supposed to finish 1.010 isch. Still not sure what causes it. Checked thermometers .. check! One thing I have done is to mash couple degrees higher. Then I switched over to VOSS coz of summer temps (before freezer purchase time) and this agian finishes higher 1.012, 13 and 15 - now I'm mashing lower for VOSS. Maybe a possibility is that the malts have 'evolved' and produce more fermentable sugars - or US05 has evolved over time. Dunno..

Your blonde will be fine - if not perfect. It's common to add sugar to a blonde to the fermentable schedule. If so, then it will finish low. It won't be dry - neither will it be heavy.

Comment

Working...
          X