No announcement yet.

Bulk base malts in JHB - where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah that's fine but dont use the buckets for fermentation after you have stored grain in them.

Comment

• You guys are making me wonder if I still have enough grain left.. stop it!

Comment

• Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
        You guys are making me wonder if I still have enough grain left.. stop it!
        You don't. You never have enough

Comment

• Originally posted by Jitters View Post
          yeah that's fine but dont use the buckets for fermentation after you have stored grain in them.
          I've been lucky then. I've used buckets that I crushed grain in. Given a rinse, sanitiser and fermented it right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris S View Post
            I've been lucky then. I've used buckets that I crushed grain in. Given a rinse, sanitiser and fermented it right away.
            +1 The bucket that I use for crushed grain today, is the same one i wash and sanitize tomorrow during brew day and the next day the cooled wort gets transferred to that same bucket.

Storing uncrushed grain for a few weeks could be a different story, but in that case i would also line the bucket with something like a black bag. (Wife gets big see-thru bags that works well)
            The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris S View Post
              Only 1 commercial craft brewery in EL so you can imagine their attitude towards home brewers. There's another guy retailing. Looks like he's just starting out by selling extract kits.

I know a manager of a freight company so I'm going to see if I can get better rates than courier guy.
              There was 1 option I missed. Yeastern cape homebrew club. I just read on the other forum that they buy in bulk and sell within the club.

https://yeasterncape.wixsite.com/home

They are in PE but should be doable from EL?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jitters View Post
                There was 1 option I missed. Yeastern cape homebrew club. I just read on the other forum that they buy in bulk and sell within the club.

https://yeasterncape.wixsite.com/home

They are in PE but should be doable from EL?
                If only I was in PE. Looks cool. EL is a boring old town.

Comment

• 100kg malt arrived from BeerPlus yesterday. Plenty of brewing ahead.
                  Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
                    100kg malt arrived from BeerPlus yesterday. Plenty of brewing ahead.
                    Nice, please share what you brew!

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
                      100kg malt arrived from BeerPlus yesterday. Plenty of brewing ahead. [emoji106]
                      Cool. Also have 100kg arriving today. Phoned around and got a courier company to do it for R680

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
                        Nice, please share what you brew!
                        Brewed a Belgian Dubbel the weekend.

Dubbel.jpg

Breweing an APA coming weekend.

APA.jpg
                        Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

Working...
                        X