Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharing a fridge between fermentation and kegging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far so good! Did a liquid purge with Sanitizer. Busy siphoning into the keg, with co2 being displaced from the keg being fed back into the fermenter through the airlock grommet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well done bra!

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rikusj View Post
        ...with co2 being displaced from the keg being fed back into the fermenter through the airlock grommet!!
        Clever fella!
        Cheers,
        Lang
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

All safely nestled in! I did three of the the 30psi roll on the floor rounds and did a quick test. Still undercarbed, but I don't want to push my luck. Pressure now set to serving pressure. Will check again tomorrow afternoon, but hopefully the bit of rolling will have sped things up a bit.

I'm super keen to see and taste what this is like. The quick test pour was remarkably lighter (more golden yellow) than the previous beer I brewed with the same grain bill (which is currently a dark golden brown from the bottle I had tonight).

Thanks again for all the info shared!

Comment

^ That CO² tap looks like it's in the off position ? ... or did you open it after taking the foto
            The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

I have a similar issue with one freezer for fermentation and kegging. I want to carb with CO2 once the beer is transferred to the keg. Obviously I can't ferment while chilling the kegs and carbonating for a week.

Once beer is carbed I would like to remove the kegs for storage at room temp so I can start fermenting again.

At what psi should I store the already carbed kegs at room temp?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris S View Post
                I have a similar issue with one freezer for fermentation and kegging. I want to carb with CO2 once the beer is transferred to the keg. Obviously I can't ferment while chilling the kegs and carbonating for a week.

Once beer is carbed I would like to remove the kegs for storage at room temp so I can start fermenting again.

At what psi should I store the already carbed kegs at room temp?
                You dont need any psi ... it's already carbed, so whatever pressure is inside will stay there

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                  You dont need any psi ... it's already carbed, so whatever pressure is inside will stay there
                  Thanks that's what I thought really. It's basically the same as commercial beer kegs.

Comment

Yes, a keg is a keg is a keg

You could even carb at room temp, it will just take a little longer

https://brucrafter.com/force-carbona...and-pdf-chart/

Comment

Fridge has gone back to fermentation duty! I've fiddled with my fermentation bucket a little to try an keep oxygen exposure to a minimum.

Added a ball lock bulkhead post to the fermenter lid, which will allow me to easily connect when I want to flush the headpace after dry hopping or add/feed back co2 during transfer to keg.

I also picked up a cold crash guardian from brew hardware to capture co2 for cold crashing. It connects to the same grommet as the normal airlock on the lid.

Just connected, tap closed to flush the line with co2.

With the tap open the bag inflates, once full it'll continue to bubble out through the Sanitizer. A little non return valve just after the t piece keeps the co2 in the bladder bag and stop any suck back during cold crashing.

This should hopefully keep oxidation to as minimal as possible for the neipa currently fermenting.

Comment

Working...
                      X