Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

An actual picture of me

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Thanks for all the input! Lots to consider...

Seems like a dedicated kegging fridge/freezer is inevitable... I think I can live with some of the inconvenience of sharing the fridge as I build up to it. I'm thinking of keeping it super straight forward. Start off with a single corny and a picnic tap - all kept in the fridge. I can then build out proper taps over time.

Jip that will work. My friend does this. And has done it for 2 years. This is mine. Also fits in the fridge and the tap works effortlessly. I top up the carbonation as needed

That's a nice compact setup. Is that a special type of tap that you can connect without lines? From what I read you need certain line lengths to manage the pressure/foam? Also, do you store / serve without the co2 being connected? Sorry for the stupid questions, but kegging is quite the rabbit hole it seems.

For the cape town folks, where should I start looking for co2 canister? Kegging solutions doesn't do co2 from what I can see on their website.

Nope nothing special. I use ball lock connectors with the threaded connection. O a threaded tap. Directly. No issues. Here is a disassembled pic. I dont keep my CO2 connected. It does mean that my carbonation is not exactly constant, but when it drops to low for me i carb up. And then disconnect again. Not alot of hassle. This also negates the entire beer line conversation. I carb to the point that i can dispense the beer properly. For me thats 17psi or 1.3 bar.
    Kegging can be daunting. But thats why im glad the forum is so good qith sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Rikusj View Post
    Thanks for all the input! Lots to consider...

Seems like a dedicated kegging fridge/freezer is inevitable... I think I can live with some of the inconvenience of sharing the fridge as I build up to it. I'm thinking of keeping it super straight forward. Start off with a single corny and a picnic tap - all kept in the fridge. I can then build out proper taps over time.
    Ironically, thats what I eventually started doing instead of the outer taps cos I got sick of the difficulty of pulling off the taps and cleaning all the parts.

Jannie, I saw some clever ozzies doing a porta keg like that, and they simply ran a long length of beer line inside the keg (connected to the outlet tube) when they needed to slow the flow
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Time to figure out how all this stuff goes together then! Thanks for all the advice.

Nice, HAPPY KEGGING!

Now you're talking.happy days