Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharing a fridge between fermentation and kegging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope nothing special. I use ball lock connectors with the threaded connection. O a threaded tap. Directly. No issues. Here is a disassembled pic. I dont keep my CO2 connected. It does mean that my carbonation is not exactly constant, but when it drops to low for me i carb up. And then disconnect again. Not alot of hassle. This also negates the entire beer line conversation. I carb to the point that i can dispense the beer properly. For me thats 17psi or 1.3 bar.
    Kegging can be daunting. But thats why im glad the forum is so good qith sharing

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rikusj View Post
      Thanks for all the input! Lots to consider...

Seems like a dedicated kegging fridge/freezer is inevitable... I think I can live with some of the inconvenience of sharing the fridge as I build up to it. I'm thinking of keeping it super straight forward. Start off with a single corny and a picnic tap - all kept in the fridge. I can then build out proper taps over time.
      Ironically, thats what I eventually started doing instead of the outer taps cos I got sick of the difficulty of pulling off the taps and cleaning all the parts.

Jannie, I saw some clever ozzies doing a porta keg like that, and they simply ran a long length of beer line inside the keg (connected to the outlet tube) when they needed to slow the flow
      Cheers,
      Lang
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Time to figure out how all this stuff goes together then! Thanks for all the advice.

Comment

Nice, HAPPY KEGGING!

Comment

Now you're talking.happy days

Comment

Lekkerrrr!

Would you mind posting your BOM and a rough price for each item? I'm trying to see what the investment would be. From my untrained eye I can see:

Keg
              Regulator
              Extinguisher
              Beer line
              CO2 line

and then 5 other gadgetmagoos that are unknown to me

Comment

Dont forget the connectors and disconnects. They add up quickly

Comment

Cheapest I can find a regulator at is R985 .... anybody know of any other options>
                  Busy rebuilding ....

Comment

Time to figure out how all this stuff goes together then! Thanks for all the advice.
                    Nice
                    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by FaanP View Post
                      Cheapest I can find a regulator at is R985 .... anybody know of any other options>
                      https://www.beerplus.co.za/product/p...-with/1959/247

Comment

Awesome!! Thank you
                        Busy rebuilding ....

Comment

Originally posted by BruHaha View Post
                          Lekkerrrr!

Would you mind posting your BOM and a rough price for each item? I'm trying to see what the investment would be. From my untrained eye I can see:

Keg
                          Regulator
                          Extinguisher
                          Beer line
                          CO2 line

and then 5 other gadgetmagoos that are unknown to me
                          I got most of it from Richard at Keg Solutions - his prices are on the order form available here: http://kegsolutions.co.za/products-orders/

Keg - used pinlock keg
                          Regulator
                          Extinguisher - from Novamarine in Cape Town
                          Beer line
                          CO2 line

plus:
                          2 x barbed pinlock disconnects for the gas and beer line to connect to keg (the red gadgetmagoos)

1 x plastic picnic tap for dispensing (the black gadgetmagoo)

1 x non return valve to protect the regulator from beer being accidentally push back out the keg up the gas line to the regulator (cheap insurance to protect me from doing something silly) (the white gadgetmagoo)

1 x tap that I want to use for a cold crash solution, so not strictly needed for the kegging. (the grey and blue gadgetmagoo)

Comment

I got most of it from Richard at Keg Solutions - his prices are on the order form available here: http://kegsolutions.co.za/products-orders/

Keg - used pinlock keg
                            Regulator
                            Extinguisher - from Novamarine in Cape Town
                            Beer line
                            CO2 line

plus:
                            2 x barbed pinlock disconnects for the gas and beer line to connect to keg (the red gadgetmagoos)

1 x plastic picnic tap for dispensing (the black gadgetmagoo)

1 x non return valve to protect the regulator from beer being accidentally push back out the keg up the gas line to the regulator (cheap insurance to protect me from doing something silly) (the white gadgetmagoo)

1 x tap that I want to use for a cold crash solution, so not strictly needed for the kegging. (the grey and blue gadgetmagoo)

Comment

Richard is a good bloke, which reminds me that I need to order more beer and gas disconnects. I like changing them out after a while, call it peace of mind insurance

Comment

I ordered the stainless versions for some longevity. Will post about thrm when they come. Really blinging it up here

Comment

Working...
                                X