Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharing a fridge between fermentation and kegging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    I ordered the stainless versions for some longevity. Will post about thrm when they come. Really blinging it up here

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Cool .... from Kegland ?
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

I ordered the stainless versions for some longevity. Will post about thrm when they come. Really blinging it up here

I spent about an hour last night cleaning up the outside of the keg... getting all the old sticker gunk removed and gave it a once over with a few grits of wet/dry paper I had. I was amazed at how much better it looks. I'm half contemplating actually doing it properly (didn't have low enough grits to get the bigger scratches out) and then work up to a shiny shiny keg...

Comment

Post a link..asb.

Comment

Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
          Richard is a good bloke, which reminds me that I need to order more beer and gas disconnects. I like changing them out after a while, call it peace of mind insurance
          My one keg just keeps on leaking at the poppet when connected, when nothing is on it seems fine.

Comment

Its from dispense. But not on their site, you have to call them to get the top shelf stuff

Comment

I'm going to be kegging this coming Saturday, so I'm currently trying to get up to speed on everything as best I can ahead of that... What's the word on how best to carbonate for someone who's ever so slightly impatient. I'm not after a one hour carbonation thing... seems like it's too easy to over carbonate, but I also don't want to wait a week.

Having read through some posts here and elsewhere I think I might do the following:
              Cool beer down to serving temp in keg
              Connect gas line and set to 30psi for 24hrs (keeping the gas connected)
              Release pressure and set to serving pressure and have carbonation finish up for the next day or so

Does this seem sensible or am I missing something?

Comment

I never had luck with carbonation in a keg and over-carbed many beers so I'm not going to give advise. But I do like this method and will be going this route when I start kegging again:
                https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads...-great.600006/
                Busy rebuilding ....

Comment

Originally posted by Rikusj View Post
                  I'm going to be kegging this coming Saturday, so I'm currently trying to get up to speed on everything as best I can ahead of that... What's the word on how best to carbonate for someone who's ever so slightly impatient. I'm not after a one hour carbonation thing... seems like it's too easy to over carbonate, but I also don't want to wait a week.

Having read through some posts here and elsewhere I think I might do the following:
                  Release pressure and set to serving pressure and have carbonation finish up for the next day or so

I hold the brulosophy team in quite high regard (warranted or not.. who knows) but they have this : https://brulosophy.com/methods/carbonation-methods/

Disclaimer : I'm not a kegger

Comment

Its from dispense. But not on their site, you have to call them to get the top shelf stuff

As in DDS ?

Comment

<>

I cold crash the beer in the FV at about 4ºC so everything settles out and drops to the bottom (thats as low as the FV vessel will go)
                      Then I transfer to keg ... put keg in fridge at 4ºC ... connect gas @ 30PSI for 24-36 hours ... disconnect gas and lets excess out via PV so that when you reconnect the gauge reads "0" ... reconnect gas that set to ±5-8 psi .... pour a glass & enjoy. ............ I NEVER had luck with rocking the keg, then again im also not in a rush to drink immediately after kegging.

Option 2: about a week at 12PSI

Comment

These guys
                        https://dispense.co.za/cat/drinks-di...keg-equipment/

Comment

Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
                          My one keg just keeps on leaking at the poppet when connected, when nothing is on it seems fine.
                          https://www.kegland.com.au/10-x-popp...bulk-pack.html

i bought a few of these and the keg o-ring packs. cheaper to import than to buy here. you could also strip it out and give it a clean, might just be something stuck in the poppet spring which makes a mess once depressed

Comment

i'm super lazy when it comes to carbonation; cold crash is a must in my life, the linger the better, i crash at 1.5c

quick carb
                            carb your cold beer to 10 psi, remove gasline and purge through nrv or prepurge the keg - whichever method you're using to fill will determine the purge procedure
                            carb your cold beer to 30 psi, take the gasline off (as a rule dont connect the beerline when force carbing, that's putting a lot of faith in the tap)
                            put the keg on the floor/carpet/grass and roll it to your partner/wife/child/dog. let them roll it back, after a short stint regas to 30psi and repeat the kick the keg game. do this about 5 times and you're ready to pour your first pint

lazy method
                            carb your cold beer to 10 psi, remove gasline and purge through nrv or prepurge the keg - whichever method you're using to fill will determine the method to purge
                            force carb to 30psi, remove gasline
                            morning, afternoon, evening, repeat the above
                            should be good in 2-3 days

super lazy method
                            scour the for sale ads for a 'shake' trainer.
                            purge your keg and connect the gasline to 30psi - leave connected.
                            use tiedown straps to secure that keg to your shake trainer, switch on the flab jiggler for 5 minutes, pour your pint and marvel at the R500 you dropped to carb your keg in no time "flat"

as a rule i leave the gasline disconnected and top up the serving pressure to 10psi before i pull a pint, lasts a while before needing another top-up. it's not really neccesary, but a leak in your gasline forces a trip to the filling station and is generally a fpita
                            groenspookasem
                            Banned
                            Last edited by groenspookasem; 21 January 2021, 12:07.

Comment

Great information! Thank you!!

Comment

I do the quick carb method with some minor modifications

Comment

Working...
                                X