My beer is too strong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My beer is too strong?

Its a weird problem, if its even a problem. I made a beer but couldn't brew and ferment at my normal space. The temporary brewing and fermentation spot is very hot and I decided to go with Mangrove Jack's M41 Yeast, because it's so tolerant of high temperatures. (18 - 28) It's also known to attenuate high 82-88%

Anyway the recipe was basic:
    Malteurop Pale 4.8 kg
    CaraMunich 1 0.1 kg
    Chateau Crystal 0.1 kg

SAB T90 12g 60 min
    Cascade 13g 15 min
    Cascade 5g 0 min

Mashed at 64 C

Pitched Mangrove Jacks M41 yeast at 20C

OG 1.056
    FG 1.002

It is still in the fermentor, should I not worry, chill, fine and crash or would you do anything to it at this late stage?
    It looks great, sort of a pale straw colour taste fine, but it definitely has a bit of a bite to it.

WoW, that yeast fermented low ....

A 7% beer, hmmmm .... I would keep it as is.
    You just can't down a couple while mowing the lawn

PS: what were you thing of doing before cold crashing and fining ?
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

I don't know Jigsaw. I was wondering if I should water it down, but that will probably just make matters worse. I suppose a 7% isn't the end of the world

Its only been in the fermentor for a week, which is very fast compared to my previous brews.

The other question I have is: Will there still be enough yeast to carb when bottling?
      Last edited by Nicolas; 8 January 2021, 10:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas View Post
        I don't know Jigsaw. I was wondering if I should water it down, but that will probably just make matters worse. I suppose a 7% isn't the end of the world

Its only been in the fermentor for a week, which is very fast compared to my previous brews.

The other question I have is: Will there still be enough yeast to carb when bottling?
        Yes, why not? ... it doesn't mean because it fermented low that the yeast is now dead

Water it down isn't something I would do ... leave that fancy stuff for SAB
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
          Water it down isn't something I would do ... leave that fancy stuff for SAB
          Too true! I'll just watch my daily intake then hehehe

Comment

7%, keep as is, brewed many a saison and Belgain strong with higher ABV.
            Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

Working...
            X