Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Freezer + STC100

Upgraded my brewery equipment.
    Saw a freezer at Makro on special .. hydro shop selling a STC100 for R300. Thought - deal!! no more hot weather fermenting.
    20210113_172315.jpg
    Going at 18°C .. nice

Lekker!! Gratz on the upgrade how much dit it go for?

Comment

2600 for the freezer. 300 for the STC

EDIT: Plus 6 beers for wiring the STC !!

Comment

Thats a steel! Looks like a 300l. Great job! Now to keezer it.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

Noice. Well done for going full haul and getting a good size
          Cheers,
          Lang
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
            Thats a steel! Looks like a 300l. Great job! Now to keezer it.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
            Naaa.. it's the 210 litre one. Just big enough. I got it especially so I can brew with US05 in summer and also have the choice for making proper lagers and pilsners + cold crashing. Winner.

Comment

That might be my answer to a replacement keg fridge

/off to Google makro

EDIT:
              All I see is this??
              Screenshot_1.png
              JIGSAW
              Last edited by JIGSAW; 14 January 2021, 10:20.
              The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Without hijacking the thread - just bought a second hand bar fridge for R400 !!!
                Busy rebuilding ....

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post

EDIT:
                  All I see is this??
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]2965[/ATTACH]
                  Not far off versus 210L for R2600. Will probably be around there when on special

1 benefit versus an upright fridge: it 'holds' most of the cold air when you open it.
                  Cheers,
                  Lang
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

That might be my answer to a replacement keg fridge

/off to Google makro

EDIT:
                    All I see is this??
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2965[/ATTACH]

yes, that's the one - I got it on special for 2599. Guess special is over.

Comment

Originally posted by FaanP View Post
                      Without hijacking the thread - just bought a second hand bar fridge for R400 !!!
                      That's where this purchase of mine came from .. I googled gumtree for 2nd hand freezer - saw Defy 210L in Atlantis for R2500 .. so I googled the full price - found HiFi Corp had one on special for R3000 (down from 3300 I think) and the makro had same defy on special for R3000 - then I saw the Hisense for R2600 - thought fukkkit almost same price as second hand one plus I get 4 year warranty with it. Damn

EDIT:
                      I got an old fridge in my garage that's out of gas. So, I got a quote to fix. R280 for call-out. R600 for regas. R300 to find and repair leak. Then I still sit with an old fridge. Almost easier just to buy a new one. If you strip the old fridge from it's copper and aluminium then you'll get R300 from scrap yard.

EDIT2:
                      defy.jpg DEFY prices not bad
                      AlexBrew
                      Last edited by AlexBrew; 14 January 2021, 14:43.

Comment

I bought an upright fridge with the matching upright freezer for R800 for both. So R800 and I have a happy wife, because now we have an upright freezer in the house, and I have a fermentation chamber that holds a ton of booze. It fits two fermenters, easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Langchop View Post
                          Not far off versus 210L for R2600. Will probably be around there when on special

1 benefit versus an upright fridge: it 'holds' most of the cold air when you open it.
                          The benefit from an upright is the condensation droplets runs out and it;s lined with plastic (no rust) ... in a CF its collects at the bottom ... leads to mildew and later rust
                          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

The benefit from an upright is the condensation droplets runs out and it;s lined with plastic (no rust) ... in a CF its collects at the bottom ... leads to mildew and later rust
                            Haaaa. Thanks for that tip. Prob a good idea to leave the freezer off and open to evaporate between brew lots.
                            Mine is lined with aluminium - but don't know if the seals on the corners are 100% waterproof - probably not - then must be the exterior that rusts.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
                              Haaaa. Thanks for that tip. Prob a good idea to leave the freezer off and open to evaporate between brew lots.
                              Mine is lined with aluminium - but don't know if the seals on the corners are 100% waterproof - probably not - then must be the exterior that rusts.
                              True story, I do have to drop a drying cloth in there from time to time.

When I built my keezer and got the new freezer I actually silicone caulked all the corner seams inside the unit because they definately didnt look water tight.
                              Cheers,
                              Lang
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X