No announcement yet.

New Freezer + STC100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could get fancy and glue conduit channel on all 4 sides at a ±2º drop that eventually drips into a container that you can empty every other day
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

I've just purchased something similar. I wired up an STC 1000 and waiting for a freezer to arrive from Game. Looking forward to finally be able to brew lagers!
      A question - did you attach anything to the heating side of your STC 1000 or are you just using it to control the freezer? Was thinking I could put a heating mat or something into the freezer in case it ever gets too cold...

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
        You could get fancy and glue conduit channel on all 4 sides at a ±2º drop that eventually drips into a container that you can empty every other day
        Good idea.. will look into this. I need to add some fans still.

Comment

Originally posted by rusql View Post
          I've just purchased something similar. I wired up an STC 1000 and waiting for a freezer to arrive from Game. Looking forward to finally be able to brew lagers!
          A question - did you attach anything to the heating side of your STC 1000 or are you just using it to control the freezer? Was thinking I could put a heating mat or something into the freezer in case it ever gets too cold...

@rusql Welcome to the forum

Nothing wrong with adding a heat source like a reptile pad to the heating side I only use mine in Winter tho.

Comment

No, I just got my freezer plugged to the STC cooling side. When cold enough, then the ambient outside temp brings the inside freezer temp up till SCT senses it's getting too warm, then freezer swithes on again. I've got my STC set for +-0.5°C and a delay of 30 seconds (I think). I'll see when winter comes then I'll look at the heating end of things. My local Hydrophonics shop sell seedling pads - will probably get when the time comes.

Comment

Increase that delay to 10mins. You will wear out the compressor if it switches that often.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
                I'll see when winter comes then I'll look at the heating end of things. My local Hydrophonics shop sell seedling pads - will probably get when the time comes.
                Alex also have a look for those at petshops. Some of the hydroponic shops charge way more than petshops. Got a large-ish one for just over R100 about a year ago

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                  @rusql Welcome to the forum
                  Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Jitters View Post
                    Increase that delay to 10mins. You will wear out the compressor if it switches that often.
                    +1 on this

Comment

Done! Thanks guys.
                      I double checked .. I had F3 on 3mins .. not 30s .. but changed it to 10

F1 - 11°C for my Marzen
                      F2 - 0.5°C
                      F3 - 10mins
                      F4 - 0

Comment

My F3 is 5 minutes. Works well.

Comment

Welcome Rusql. I see its another brewer in the 'hood
                          Cheers,
                          Lang
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Originally posted by Jitters View Post
                            Isn't it just a delay from a power outage?
                            If your controller is left on then the delay does nothing. How often it comes on/off will be your F2 setting. I leave mine at 1.5 degrees for this. 0.5 it will switch to often.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris S View Post
                              If your controller is left on then the delay does nothing. How often it comes on/off will be your F2 setting. I leave mine at 1.5 degrees for this. 0.5 it will switch to often.
                              They work together, it will try switch on when the difference is 1.5c in your case, but only once it is happy with the delay.. the 1.5c helps, so you probably don't notice it, because it takes a bit longer to lose 1.5c, which might fit in nicely with your current delay setting

Comment

Originally posted by Chris S View Post
                                Nope, feel free to read the manual. if it switched from heat to cold it will have a light top left above the cold switch on that shows it is in compressor delay status.

Manual: A4横向标题栏ai (hobbytronics.co.za)

Relevant section: Controller starts refrigerating with cool indicator light on when the measuring temperature ≥ temperature set value + difference value, and the refrigerating relay is connected; The “Cool” indicator light flashes, it indicates the refrigerating equipment is under compressor delay protect status; when the measuring temperature ≤ temperature set value, the Cool indicator light on, and refrigerating relay disconnects

Comment

Working...
                                X