74L Brew Engineers Staineless Steel Kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 74L Brew Engineers Staineless Steel Kettle

Anyone have a 74L Brew Engineers kettle that they want to sell by any chance?

Looking to build a EBIAB system and think this will be the perfect size to allow me to get 30L into the fermenter and allow for bigger beers as well.
    Kit: 50L SAB keggle used with BIAB, gas burner

Primary: Sierra Nevada Pale ale clone
    Secondary: Weiss by Brand Smith
    Conditioning: none
    Bottled and Drunk: Wee Heavy, Darth Vader Black IPA, Saison, an much more

Talk about Brew Engineers, what happened to these guys?

Their site was under construction for a long time, and now it's completely dead
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

No idea

Was dreaming about those nice pots for years and now that I finally have the money. The no longer around.

Really hard to find a decent 70L pot. Feel 50L is just a bit too small to get 30L into the fermenter when doing BIAB.

Comment

I do BIAB in 50l and get ~42l into fermenter.

Comment

What gravity you hitting?

I currently have a 50L but struggle to brew more than 6% with 25L going into fermentor.

Comment

I haven't really checked. I can do 42l hitting 1.046 pretty easily. I'm pretty sure going more grain won't be that hard. I have to add I'm working on a 91% efficiency though.

Comment

Originally posted by Wessel Pieterse View Post
              No idea

Was dreaming about those nice pots for years and now that I finally have the money. The no longer around.

Really hard to find a decent 70L pot. Feel 50L is just a bit too small to get 30L into the fermenter when doing BIAB.
              I am using this pot from CaterCare (450x450mm = 71.6l), delivered to my door. I make 50 liter batches in the pot - not BIAB though.

https://catercare.co.za/collections/...32341568618635

Comment

Originally posted by Wessel Pieterse View Post
                What gravity you hitting?

I currently have a 50L but struggle to brew more than 6% with 25L going into fermentor.
                Are you sparging or toping up the water before the boil? If you are trying to get all the grain and water in one go you might struggle.
                I managed ~43l on a 5% beer in a 50l urn @ high 80's efficiency. I haven't brewed a big beer but I did about 30l of 6% in the same urn.

Comment

@Toxxyc will explain but basically whats said above as i understand. You just need to ensure you have a 1:2.6 grist ratio and add the sparge water later. So 5kg grain and 13l water for the mash. Then sparge with the rest of the water. Based on my thumb suck it should be possible to put 8kg of grain into a 50l urn with 21l of water. Then add the rest once the grain is out. Surely that should be high enough gravity

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

I mash in my urn, in about 22~24l of water. Then I sparge in 2 x 25l buckets, each containing around 12l of water. Each bucket can take 12l of water + around 8kg of malt without overflowing. I pour everything together into the urn (up to around 46l max) before the boil. I lose around 4l during the boil (max) and then the rest goes into cubes/fermenter.

Works everytime.

Comment

Thanks for all the input and the link to the cater care website.

Looks like I might first need to sort out my efficiency problems before getting bigger pot. And perhaps try sparging with BIAB.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Comment

Working...
                      X