CO2 cylinder with turn valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Cornelius, but pinlock. My stuff is pinlock and I'd like to be able to simply swap out lines. My biggest problem is always having to rush a keg to finish, so I can fill it with the next beer, and it causes me to kinda get "tired" of a beer pretty quick.

EDIT: My argument is that if I have 2 kegs, at least I can fill both with different beers, and if one needs to be empty, I can empty the lowest one, for example.
    I have bad news for you. I have 4 taps on my keezer (and 4 kegs). This particular problem doesn't go away. I'm starting to think one needs more kegs than taps. Like, way more...

Comment

Originally posted by SykomantiS View Post
      I have bad news for you. I have 4 taps on my keezer (and 4 kegs). This particular problem doesn't go away. I'm starting to think one needs more kegs than taps. Like, way more...
      So 4 taps implies 8 kegs? 4 on tap and 4 in reserve? Then you start needing another fridge for the reserve kegs.
      Then you have seasonal beers that need to age: Imperial ales and Altbier. Where do THEY go? Then you need kegs for THOSE. What about barleywines and Belgian tripels? Then you need a cold room. And more taps because a sour beer shouldn't share a tap with a normal beer, let alone share fermenters, and then you need...............

Comment

Yeah it's a problem, I know. I have like NO funds for kegs, but making the beer to go in them is super cheap.

Comment

The dream is a convert my SO's parking spot to a cold room.. and then run insulated lines to the bar are and have all the beer on taps plenty of taps

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
            So 4 taps implies 8 kegs? 4 on tap and 4 in reserve? Then you start needing another fridge for the reserve kegs.
            Then you have seasonal beers that need to age: Imperial ales and Altbier. Where do THEY go? Then you need kegs for THOSE. What about barleywines and Belgian tripels? Then you need a cold room. And more taps because a sour beer shouldn't share a tap with a normal beer, let alone share fermenters, and then you need...............
            Maybe I should buy a small pub that has a bedroom on the top floor. It might work out cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
              My neighbour has 4 corny kegs, and two taps on a Snomaster kegerator in his kitchen (he is divorced, so it is allowed), I would say that's a minimum requirement. You have 2 full kegs that you can swop out when the first two are finished, as simple as that.
              Lucky guy.

/JIGSAW is off to investigate this divorce thing

...or maybe I should just move in @Jitters once that cold room is built
              The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                Lucky guy.

/JIGSAW is off to investigate this divorce thing

...or maybe I should just move in @Jitters once that cold room is built
                Jakes has plenty of space, he has a plot, a cold room, and 30+ kegs! Oh yes, and he is married to a wife that brews!

@Jakes, meet Jigsaw, he is looking to crash at your place for a bit..

Comment

Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
                  Jakes has plenty of space, he has a plot, a cold room, and 30+ kegs! Oh yes, and he is married to a wife that brews!

@Jakes, meet Jigsaw, he is looking to crash at your place for a bit..
                  I'm up for some clown funding oops I mean crowd funding...........

Comment

Originally posted by SykomantiS View Post
                    Maybe I should buy a small pub that has a bedroom on the top floor. It might work out cheaper.
                    after 5 years of spending I think I'm starting to agree

Comment

• I am actually very serious about buying a guest house one day, with a venue for weddings and stuff, on which I want to start a craft brewery. Part of the wedding packages will include free beer, for example.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
                        I am actually very serious about buying a guest house one day, with a venue for weddings and stuff, on which I want to start a craft brewery. Part of the wedding packages will include free beer, for example.
                        Let me quote Rage Against The Machine:

"It has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime
                        What better place than here, what better time than now?"

Buying extra taps and kegs now is a great investment for later...

Comment

I am actually very serious about buying a guest house one day, with a venue for weddings and stuff, on which I want to start a craft brewery. Part of the wedding packages will include free beer, for example.
                          hmmm but you can't afford a second keg?

Comment

• Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                            hmmm but you can't afford a second keg?
                            Not now, later. When everything has returned back to a bit more normal. You of all people should know how badly COVID hit some guys.

Comment

Not now, later. When everything has returned back to a bit more normal. You of all people should know how badly COVID hit some guys.
                              OK, fair enough. Have you applied for your brewing license yet?

Comment

• Nope. All down the line, like 10~15 years in the future. Have to get through the expensive babies phase and all that first.

Comment

Working...
                                X