CO2 cylinder with turn valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Yup, I get that. Was merely pointing out that you do get pretty flexible gas line and I want some. I'm REALLY worried I'm going to kink my hard gas line sometime soon.
    Yeah I would also not mind flexible ones. It gets messy quickly with my 4 secondary regulators. I see you get a John Guest bend for lines https://www.johnguest.com/product/ac...low-bend-clip/

I was also thinking of installing some hooks so that I run them neatly to one side and then distribute again.

Comment

I find the harder gas lines take up too much space, they are too hard to twist into place in a confirmed place and twist too hard and you get a leak.

Any recommendations where I can get this softer line

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tman32 View Post
        Any recommendations where I can get this softer line
        Try Kegsolutions, they have Bevlex line, this is 3/16" not sure how they handle the gas side, but they are for dispensing.

Comment

Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
          Try Kegsolutions, they have Bevlex line, this is 3/16" not sure how they handle the gas side, but they are for dispensing.
          Just be aware that these do not fit DMFit / John guest push fittings (not the ones that fit onto disconnects, anyway, and I'm not sure one can get those in 3/16). I use this line for dispensing and have to use barbed shanks and disconnects on the liquid side.

Comment

Originally posted by SykomantiS View Post
            Just be aware that these do not fit DMFit / John guest push fittings (not the ones that fit onto disconnects, anyway, and I'm not sure one can get those in 3/16). I use this line for dispensing and have to use barbed shanks and disconnects on the liquid side.
            Yeah seems a bit limited, but there are some options here:
            https://beerplus.co.za/category/fittings/225 and
            https://beerplus.co.za/category/beer...es-pythons/224

Seems 1/2 to 3/8 and 5/16 to 3/8 is more standard than the 3/16 story. They also have some flexible tubing in both those sizes.

Kegsolutions seems to have some adapter so that you can use it with 3/8 for the 3/16 as well.
            PaBz0r
            Last edited by PaBz0r; 2 June 2021, 08:54.

Comment

Surely LPG hose line would work? All you need is to visit a hydraulic / air supply shop for various fittings between the barbs and the JG items?

Comment

LPG gas line is super thick though. That's the problem. Bigger holes in everything?

Comment

Like Jakes said. Normal air line will work for co2. Visit a hydraulic shop.

Comment

LPG gas line is super thick though. That's the problem. Bigger holes in everything?
                    Not necessarily. If you plan your junctions, you can use thin standard 8mm beerline through bulkheads and then use flexible line when needed. I have 5m x 8mm gas line for checking kegs contents in the cold room: I just take the coupler with party tap wherever it needs to go.......I could just as well use reinforced hydraulic air line.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                      Not necessarily. If you plan your junctions, you can use thin standard 8mm beerline through bulkheads and then use flexible line when needed. I have 5m x 8mm gas line for checking kegs contents in the cold room: I just take the coupler with party tap wherever it needs to go.......I could just as well use reinforced hydraulic air line.
                      It makes sense, but I think it's still a bit overkill. I'm pretty sure most pipes we can get will work just fine for gas as well. You'll probably never go over 3 Bar in the line and that's not a lot of pressure.

That being said, I need another keg. Desperately. One is a nightmare, it's almost worse than none.

Comment

That being said, I need another keg. Desperately. One is a nightmare, it's almost worse than none.
                        What do you need? Cornelius or Sankey?

Comment

Cornelius, but pinlock. My stuff is pinlock and I'd like to be able to simply swap out lines. My biggest problem is always having to rush a keg to finish, so I can fill it with the next beer, and it causes me to kinda get "tired" of a beer pretty quick.

EDIT: My argument is that if I have 2 kegs, at least I can fill both with different beers, and if one needs to be empty, I can empty the lowest one, for example.

Comment

Me thinks you need more taps, not just kegs...kop af en commit! Moenie rond donner met een tap/keg nie...

Comment

Cornelius, but pinlock. My stuff is pinlock and I'd like to be able to simply swap out lines. My biggest problem is always having to rush a keg to finish, so I can fill it with the next beer, and it causes me to kinda get "tired" of a beer pretty quick.

EDIT: My argument is that if I have 2 kegs, at least I can fill both with different beers, and if one needs to be empty, I can empty the lowest one, for example.
                              Ja sorry, I don't have any Corneys.

Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
                              Me thinks you need more taps, not just kegs...kop af en commit! Moenie rond donner met een tap/keg nie...
                              Ek verstaan ook nie hoe enige brouer minder as 30 kegs kan hê nie........

Comment

My neighbour has 4 corny kegs, and two taps on a Snomaster kegerator in his kitchen (he is divorced, so it is allowed), I would say that's a minimum requirement. You have 2 full kegs that you can swop out when the first two are finished, as simple as that.

Comment

Working...
                                X