CO2 cylinder with turn valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 cylinder with turn valve

Hey guys, looking for a CO2 cylinder with a turn valve. I got myself a kegging setup (keg, lines, regulator, disconnects) and I need a CO2 cylinder now. On a super tight budget so the cheaper the better.

I saw a while ago someone said something about buying refurbished cylinders, and that kinda sounds like my jam. Otherwise - someone have a spare cylinder lying around somewhere I can pick up for a song? I can also pay in fresh wort kits...

Finally !! Welcome to easy peasy !

You can usually get refurbed from filling places, not sure whats in joburg. Get a 5kg at least or two 2kgs

Comment

I'm going to get a 2kg for now. I asked here before calling around, and I just got a 2kg one (without turn valve, but I'll use the lever for now), filled, for R400. That's not bad pricing, I believe. I'll add more later on, but I don't drink too much so 2kg of more than enough for now for me. I've also only got one keg (wanted to buy another off the forum here but I just can't right now), and one regulator, so I don't want to buy too much right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
        I'm going to get a 2kg for now. I asked here before calling around, and I just got a 2kg one (without turn valve, but I'll use the lever for now), filled, for R400. That's not bad pricing, I believe. I'll add more later on, but I don't drink too much so 2kg of more than enough for now for me. I've also only got one keg (wanted to buy another off the forum here but I just can't right now), and one regulator, so I don't want to buy too much right now.
        yea, i used the lever for quite a while, they do leak eventually. also, that's a damn good price. 2kg lasts me around 6 months, the second one is usually filled in this time so i dont run out, but it's not a must have - it's a convenience, i'd ratherget another keg before another cylinder

Comment

Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
          2kg lasts me around 6 months
          Damn that is long. Do you use it when cleaning lines/kegs? I need to approach that a bit differently

Comment

For quantifying some...
            I use a sodastream cylinder and I currently use one charge of 400g to carbonate and dispense bubble water from 2 x 19L corneys at about 3.5 to 4 volumes, then its kinda done. [Both coupled together]

2kg will last you well while you still have a single corney (so, until next week when you get another one)
            Cheers,
            Lang
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
              Damn that is long. Do you use it when cleaning lines/kegs? I need to approach that a bit differently
              I do yes, but you need very little pressure(gas) to do that
              The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                I do yes, but you need very little pressure(gas) to do that
                Maybe I should check how long my 5kg one lasts, the 2kg went a bit quick, but I think it also had to do with my learning curve and setting up everything in the keezer etc.

Comment

I have a 2kg hooked up to 4x19l kegs for beer and 1x9l keg for soda water.
                  I don't go through beer that quick (maybe a keg lasts 2 months) but we refill the sofa water every 2nd week.

I last filled that 2kg just as the level 5 lockdown stopped and it is still showing no signs of dropping.

I have 2x5kg which I use for force carbing, cleaning etc ...

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Comment

https://youtu.be/pJkBqg3FAhw

Nice way to clean lines without wasting CO2

Comment

Originally posted by Chris S View Post
                      https://youtu.be/pJkBqg3FAhw

Nice way to clean lines without wasting CO2
                      Agreed if you live in gauteng. Down in Durban we pay something like R38 to fill a 2kg and R60 fill a 5kg.

For me using CO2 is cheap. I even used it to unblock a drain the other day when I realised we didn't have a plunger

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Langchop View Post
                        For quantifying some...
                        I use a sodastream cylinder and I currently use one charge of 400g to carbonate and dispense bubble water from 2 x 19L corneys at about 3.5 to 4 volumes, then its kinda done. [Both coupled together]

2kg will last you well while you still have a single corney (so, until next week when you get another one)
                        The sodastream option is great if you are on a budget, otherwise look on facebook marketplace. White and blue labels are no good, you looking for fire extinguishers with black labels

Comment

Originally posted by tman32 View Post
                          The sodastream option is great if you are on a budget, otherwise look on facebook marketplace. White and blue labels are no good, you looking for fire extinguishers with black labels
                          So what you're telling me is to aim for "less white"?

Comment

Cringe. Grab yourself a Pepsi
                            Cheers,
                            Lang
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by tman32 View Post
                              I took a while to figure out what you were on about, but yea, I was today years old when I learned the types are colour coded
                              Cheers,
                              Lang
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X