Safale S-04 - I need it today!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safale S-04 - I need it today!?!

I forgot to feed the yeast after rehydrating last night so I'm assuming its buggered. The only other one I have a wheat yeast WB-06 and I've brewed a stout.

Anyone know where I can get more S-04 yeast today? West Rand of JHB but will drive.

Depends on your OG, but pitching it as is should be fine. The yeast I pitched yesterday was 6m old, kicked off in a few hours.

Comment

I think your yeast will be fine .. but what exactly did you do by rehydrating your yeast? - Just added it to luke warm water ?

Comment

I just binned it before reading this. I see VP Brew not far from me is open today and lists it. Hope they have it.

Basically yes, adding it to room temp water. The brew kit instructions called for it.

Comment

Ai .. ok.
          Easiest just to sprinkle the packet onto the (right temp) wort.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark250GP View Post
            I just binned it before reading this. I see VP Brew not far from me is open today and lists it. Hope they have it.

Basically yes, adding it to room temp water. The brew kit instructions called for it.
            Facepalm 01.jpg

It would have been fine. No need to feed it anything.

You can wet it and stick it in a fridge and still be good weeks away.
            The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Managed to get another packet from VP Brew and Still, and an STC-1000 for R230! Busy converting the fridge.

Comment

Managed to get another packet from VP Brew and Still, and an STC-1000 for R230! Busy converting the fridge.
                Thats a damn good price ....

first LHBS I see that doesn't rip people off by charging triple the going price for an STC
                The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Is VP Brew like any other HBS? It looks on the web if they are like a wholesaler. They are conveniently located for me if they sell in small quantities

Comment

Definitely more geared up for wholesale but they sell to consumers as well. They dont have a price list as such but will quote on whatever quantity you need.

Give Chris a shout, he's really helpful.

Comment

Definitely more geared up for wholesale but they sell to consumers as well. They dont have a price list as such but will quote on whatever quantity you need.

Give Chris a shout, he's really helpful.
                      Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X