No announcement yet.

Yeast Starter Stir Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheapest place to source some erlenmeyer flasks? I see https://www.vitraform.co.za/product/...r-narrow-neck/ have a 5L for R545 excluding vat, but on backorder..

Comment

Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
      Cheapest place to source some erlenmeyer flasks? I see https://www.vitraform.co.za/product/...r-narrow-neck/ have a 5L for R545 excluding vat, but on backorder..
      That's a good price. I paid just over R800

Comment

Originally posted by Chris S View Post
        That's a good price. I paid just over R800

220 mm Diameter x 50 mm Neck Diameter x 365 mm Total length

Is that fine for instance on the INTLLAB? I placed an order for one, not sure which shipping method they decided on yet.. eish.

Comment

Is that fine for instance on the INTLLAB? I placed an order for one, not sure which shipping method they decided on yet.. eish.
          It fits with the sides hanging over. I normally just put 2 cling wrap rolls either side just incase.

Comment

If you can try and get the Wide neck flask. it just make's it easier to clean or even try and get a Beaker

Low Form Beaker with Spout – Vitraform Glassware

I'm not sure why everyone(myself included) went with the difficult to clean erlenmeyer flask. It sucks to clean and is a pita to work with much easier to just have a nice big mouth that you can stick a wash cloth in to clean

Comment

Yeah the beakers seem like the easier and cheaper option, I was wondering about the cleaning of the flasks...

Comment

Yeah the beakers seem like the easier and cheaper option, I was wondering about the cleaning of the flasks...
                Hot water and cleaner and shake. Comes out clean

Comment

That's how it hangs over. First one going.

Comment

Nice! Seems last mile will also be buffalo, holding thumbs it doesn’t take long.

Comment

Nice! Seems last mile will also be buffalo, holding thumbs it doesn’t take long.
                      Awesome. I hope for your sake. Just a tip. Start making your bank with the yeasts that have the earliest best before date.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris S View Post
                        I was also collecting parts to build one then rather got this ZAR 96.36 5%OFF | Magnetic Stirrer Mixer INTLLAB 3000rpm AC100-240V Homebrew Liquid
                        https://a.aliexpress.com/_vBuAUv

Delivery was within 2 weeks
                        Stir plate from this link ordered today. Hoping for a similar turn around time!

Sent from my SM-A315F using Tapatalk

Comment

My Stir plate arrived today. Beyond excited. Interesting that the parcel tracking says its still on China haha

Sent from my SM-A315F using Tapatalk

Comment

This is really tempting, especially at that price.

Almost not worth DIY. I have everything to build a stir plate, tried doing it, but had a hard time getting the balance right, so gave up temporarily. This has me thinking and at the price and the cost of yeast, the stir plate would probably pay for itself quickly.

What do you guys think of the product's quality and how does it work?

Comment

Originally posted by RudiC View Post
                              This is really tempting, especially at that price.

Almost not worth DIY. I have everything to build a stir plate, tried doing it, but had a hard time getting the balance right, so gave up temporarily. This has me thinking and at the price and the cost of yeast, the stir plate would probably pay for itself quickly.

What do you guys think of the product's quality and how does it work?
                              Works perfectly well. Even with a 5L flask.
                              Quality is great as well. Use mine a lot.

Comment

I am also happy with mine, just played with some water. thus far. Also with delivery basically in 2 weeks it is a bargain at that price.

Comment

Working...
                                X