Liquid yeasts in SA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
    Gives me some confidence and also why it costs a premium.
    First batch of WLP925 high pressure lager done. Got 15 vials from 1 packed of yeast

Comment

Damn dude well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris S View Post
        First batch of WLP925 high pressure lager done. Got 15 vials from 1 packed of yeast

Nice
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Very nice! Where did you get the vials from? I see mostly super bulk like a 1000 at some places for the 15ml, was considering the 50ml, but that is overkill

Comment

I'm sure we are all aware of the flasks from Beer lab for R285 but im just stoked I have one now so I thought I would post a pic

Sent from my SM-A315F using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice! Where did you get the vials from? I see mostly super bulk like a 1000 at some places for the 15ml, was considering the 50ml, but that is overkill
              Got 50 from amazon but I found a place in SA. Will dig up the email and post it here for you.

Comment

Originally posted by johncoram89 View Post
                I'm sure we are all aware of the flasks from Beer lab for R285 but im just stoked I have one now so I thought I would post a pic

Sent from my SM-A315F using Tapatalk
                It still amazes me everytime I put a boiling hot flask into cold water and it doesn't crack. I keep expecting it to explode. [emoji23]

Comment

They still in a tub of isopropyl alcohol. Alcohol is at - 10c and the vials have not frozen. I would guess the cryo preserve stops solid freezing. Will see later when I take them out the alcohol and freeze in a cooler box with ice packs.

Comment

It still amazes me everytime I put a boiling hot flask into cold water and it doesn't crack. I keep expecting it to explode. [emoji23]
                    That Boro 3.3 helps

Comment

http://jplast.co.za/product/tubes-ce...5ml-graduated/

Here you go bud. They quoted me R220 ex vat for 100 tubes

Comment

http://jplast.co.za/product/tubes-ce...5ml-graduated/

Here you go bud. They quoted me R220 ex vat for 100 tubes
                        Thanks, will get hold of them tomorrow. I think I should get the stir plate this week

Comment

Thanks, will get hold of them tomorrow. I think I should get the stir plate this week
                          Good news. I sent them an email to confirm if these are already Sterile. Waiting to hear.

Comment

First frozen WLP925 15ml vial into a 3L starter.
                            Starting cell count should be around 20B.
                            Doing a 2 step starter for a lager. Need around 700B cells. It's a 41L batch.

24hrs later it has a good krausen.

Comment

Isnt that an excessive first step? Would have figured 150->1.5l

Good going tho always lekker when it proves viable!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jitters View Post
                                Isnt that an excessive first step? Would have figured 150->1.5l

Good going tho always lekker when it proves viable!!
                                It was a bit big yes but it should be OK. Doing 3L-3.5L

Power went off overnight from load shedding. This morning when I checked there was a mess in the fridge. Krausen pushed right out the flask.

Comment

Working...
                                X