Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Farmhouse Cider

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Stutterheim, Eastern Cape
    Posts
    56

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket-Boy View Post
    Looks good, I need to make one of these sometime.
    Has it been 3 years since you cut that wood? I recall you had a woodmizer and you were going to tackle the Poplars.
    Can't really remember. Has been a while though. My patio stood up to the windstorms we get here. 3 of over 115kph last year, so my woodwork is good

    Sent from my A80Pro using Tapatalk

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Stutterheim, Eastern Cape
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket-Boy View Post
    Looks good, I need to make one of these sometime.
    Has it been 3 years since you cut that wood? I recall you had a woodmizer and you were going to tackle the Poplars.
    Looked back at my photos, I cut the trees early in 2014, and built my patio in 2017

    Sent from my A80Pro using Tapatalk

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanoZA View Post
    Looked back at my photos, I cut the trees early in 2014, and built my patio in 2017

    Sent from my A80Pro using Tapatalk
    Wow, cant believe its been that long.
    I think it was on Bikehub that you mentioned wanting to cut some poplar and run them through a Woodmizer.

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Stutterheim, Eastern Cape
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket-Boy View Post
    Wow, cant believe its been that long.
    I think it was on Bikehub that you mentioned wanting to cut some poplar and run them through a Woodmizer.
    Yeah it was. It's a Peterson, a swing blade sawmill, not a bandsaw like the Woodmizer

    Sent from my A80Pro using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DeanoZA; 25th April 2021 at 09:16.

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Stutterheim, Eastern Cape
    Posts
    56
    Bought some 20l cooler bottles and have transferred the cider to the bottles. It's sitting at a SG of 1,002. The funky flavours that I noticed after fermentation have gone. It has a lovely clean apple flavour.



    Sent from my A80Pro using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DeanoZA; 10th June 2021 at 08:33.

  6. #26
    Senior Member JIGSAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    3,389
    ^ i like the colour on that
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!


  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanoZA View Post
    Bought some 20l cooler bottles and have transferred the cider to the bottles. It's sitting at a SG of 1,002. The funky flavours that I noticed after fermentation have gone. It has a lovely clean apple flavour.

    Sent from my A80Pro using Tapatalk
    That looks really good. Well done.

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Stutterheim, Eastern Cape
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket-Boy View Post
    That looks really good. Well done.
    Thanks, hope it tastes as good when it's done

    Sent from my A80Pro using Tapatalk

  9. #29
    Senior Member JIGSAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    3,389
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanoZA View Post
    Thanks, hope it tastes as good when it's done

    Sent from my A80Pro using Tapatalk
    Well, if it doesn't, you can always eat some eggs
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!


  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Stutterheim, Eastern Cape
    Posts
    56

    Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    Well, if it doesn't, you can always eat some eggs
    I bought some chickens, and with my luck the things die and get eaten, so I over compensated, suddenly they are all laying, 9/10 eggs a day. My family is getting a bit tired of eating eggs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •