Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Chemicals for brewing

Hi guys, I can get my hands on chemicals for brewing. When I'm talking chemicals, I mean stuff like sanitizers (like StarSan clones), sodium percabonate, etc. for great prices. Only downside is I would have to buy in bulk to get them. I haven't looked at the sanitizer yet, but I checked and I can get sodium percarbonate for around R25 per kg, packed in 25kg bags. I'm willing to buy a big-ass bag on my dime and then repackage into 1kg/5kg tubs, and then selling it off with a markup just to cover my expenses. Would anyone be interested?

Regarding the sanitizer, I can get very cheap phosphoric and sulfuric acids, and I can also get the guys there to blend it for me to my specification, high foaming and everything. Right now most of the sanitizers are diluted at use to around 10ml per liter, but I can get it down to probably 10 times less than that (1ml per liter). For practicality though I'm thinking of going for 5ml per liter, or a little over, so people can dose more easily. Again I'll package into bottles (probably 500ml or 1l) and sell off just to cover my expenses. Again - would there be interest in this?

I would have been keen but I'm in CPT so bit of a wash for me this side

Yes and Yes

For sure id love the sanitizer. Especially if you can put it in a brandy squeeze bottle like the starsan ones

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Yes please

Quote Originally Posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    For sure id love the sanitizer. Especially if you can put it in a brandy squeeze bottle like the starsan ones

LOL brandy squeeze bottle. Hilarious that I knew exactly what you meant when you said it

I'll take a look at those. I'll let you guys know about pricing soonest!

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    LOL brandy squeeze bottle. Hilarious that I knew exactly what you meant when you said it

I'll take a look at those. I'll let you guys know about pricing soonest!
    Those Bettix bottles are available pretty cheaply at Mambos or other plastic warehouses.
    I bought a 500ml one for R10 a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket-Boy View Post
    Those Bettix bottles are available pretty cheaply at Mambos or other plastic warehouses.
    I bought a 500ml one for R10 a few weeks ago.
    Yup, I already checked my local plastics shop. Took me a while to find the name of the bottle, because "brandy bottle" is apparently not the correct name. A bit more pricey, but still not bad.

I was sure their scientific name was Brandy squeeze bottle!

Quote Originally Posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    I was sure their scientific name was Brandy squeeze bottle!

Brandy squeeze bottle sounds like a better name than Bettix for sure.