Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie kit recommendations

Hey fellas,

So a mate of mine is keen as to start brewing AG, he is going to go with a 65l all in one benoni brew. I'm trying to find him a good starter kit that has all the little bibs and bobs you need. what do you guys think is the best starter kit on the market?
    So far from what I've seen the brew for Africa kit is the best on the market?? good price with a good assortment.

Thoughts?

Link to that one?
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
      Link to that one?
      Think he is referring to this - https://brewforafrica.co.za/products.html?catID=8

I dont see any 60L fermenters though?

My nfp starter kit was 1370 and I actually think it is better value for money than the brew for africa one.

Below what's included in nfp starter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great thanks for that one. What kind of bottle filler does it have?
        Any leads on a good quality 50l ish fermenter? I got the 57l from beerplus myself and I don't like it much. Doesn't seal properly

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Chris_za1 View Post
        Think he is referring to this - https://brewforafrica.co.za/products.html?catID=8

I dont see any 60L fermenters though?

My nfp starter kit was 1370 and I actually think it is better value for money than the brew for africa one.

Below what's included in nfp starter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Yes that was the one thanks for posting the link

Comment

Originally posted by hopingmadinZam View Post
          I got the 57l from beerplus myself and I don't like it much. Doesn't seal properly
          I use the same one, you have to get your hands on food grade silicone tubing and make your own gasket. That is the only way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
            I use the same one, you have to get your hands on food grade silicone tubing and make your own gasket. That is the only way to do it.
            Cool thanks for the tip! how do you join the tube or do you just overlap it? did you also find the hole for the airlock too small? I cracked my bubbler trying to get it in.

Comment

^ That's what she said
              The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Cool thanks for the tip! how do you join the tube or do you just overlap it? did you also find the hole for the airlock too small? I cracked my bubbler trying to get it in.
                I drilled a bigger hole and inserted a silicone bung for the airlock. And yes, you get silicone joining liquid to join, or you can use a smaller piece inside, but ideally you want t sealed.

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                ^ That's what she said
                No comment, unless we go R18+ rating on this forum...

Comment

Great thanks for that one. What kind of bottle filler does it have?
                  Any leads on a good quality 50l ish fermenter? I got the 57l from beerplus myself and I don't like it much. Doesn't seal properly

- - - Updated - - -

Yes that was the one thanks for posting the link
                  https://brewmart.co.za/shop/index.ph...roduct_id=1490
                  That would be my recommendation, pressure fermenter that can double as a serving vessel. I have the 35L one.

Comment

Working...
                  X