Revvy's Belgian Blonde (Leffe Clone)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revvy's Belgian Blonde (Leffe Clone)

We all know this one : https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads...-clone.202852/

Would appreciated your thoughts as the recipe has been adapted for local ingredients I can get from brewmart. I boosted the pilsner base a bit to get the higher OG. Seems a waste to be bittering with 3.1% styrian... but oh well.

1.jpg

If you are boiling for 90mins - then why add SGoldings @40min - when the original recipe calls for 60min?
    The orig recipe also wants 30odd IBUs - your's add up to 24.

But all doesn't matter - your beer will be good as is.

I would tho add a wee bit magnum @60, then 50g SGolding at 40 and rest as is - to get to 30IBUs.

With he higher OG, I would perhaps aim for 33-35 IBUs ??

Comment

Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
      If you are boiling for 90mins - then why add SGoldings @40min - when the original recipe calls for 60min?
      The orig recipe also wants 30odd IBUs - your's add up to 24.

But all doesn't matter - your beer will be good as is.

I would tho add a wee bit magnum @60, then 50g SGolding at 40 and rest as is - to get to 30IBUs.

With he higher OG, I would perhaps aim for 33-35 IBUs ??
      Sorry.. forgot to add that I nochil, so did the 20 min adjustments. I've been thinking of adding magnum.. just that they didn't have stock when last I bought (and they still don't).

EDIT: Might as well use the full 100g of SGoldings.. then it's right at 29
      1.jpg
      BruHaha
      Last edited by BruHaha; 15 April 2021, 19:22.

Comment

+1 why is your hop schedules completely different to the original ?

i can understand you changed the malts for what you can get locally, but why change the recipe ... it;s no longer a clone
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by BruHaha View Post
          Sorry.. forgot to add that I nochil, so did the 20 min adjustments. I've been thinking of adding magnum.. just that they didn't have stock when last I bought (and they still don't).

EDIT: Might as well use the full 100g of SGoldings.. then it's right at 29
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]3266[/ATTACH]
          aah ok, makes sense now

That said, it looks like Brewfather software ... im sure they have the feature for no-chill?
          JIGSAW
          Last edited by JIGSAW; 15 April 2021, 19:27.
          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
            aah ok, makes sense now

That said, it looks like Brewfather software ... im sure they have the feature for no-chill?

You're right.. And I've already setup my equipment profile to compensate for that. You can see it's been a while since I've programmed in a recipe #Whatachopiam

Thanks man.. have corrected it now.
            BruHaha
            Last edited by BruHaha; 15 April 2021, 19:44.

Comment

Looks good. I highly recommend biscuit if you can get it, personally it has a very distinctive plum/stonefruit taste that I have not tasted with anything else.

Only other advise is regarding ferm schedule.

Start at 17c and ramp 1c per day till 21. Then let it ride for two weeks. Once done condition on the yeast for 3 weeks at 2c.

If you like the taste then 2nd time round ramp 2c till 25. The esters/phenols get bit out of hand and it needs longer to condition but its crazy how good it becomes after a few months in the bottle

Comment

Originally posted by Jitters View Post
                Looks good. I highly recommend biscuit if you can get it, personally it has a very distinctive plum/stonefruit taste that I have not tasted with anything else.

Only other advise is regarding ferm schedule.

Start at 17c and ramp 1c per day till 21. Then let it ride for two weeks. Once done condition on the yeast for 3 weeks at 2c.

If you like the taste then 2nd time round ramp 2c till 25. The esters/phenols get bit out of hand and it needs longer to condition but its crazy how good it becomes after a few months in the bottle

I actually do have biscuit... it's just that brewmart's website calls it viking cookie biscuit, hence me loading that item.

on the ferm schedule.

Comment

Pale ale in shallow try at 180C for 20min in thermofan oven = biscuit.
                  Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
                    Pale ale in shallow try at 180C for 20min in thermofan oven = biscuit.
                    Cool, thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
                    X