No announcement yet.

True Lagering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK last sip a bit warmer now - definitely just green. There's not a lot of "off" in there. Makes me a bit more at ease with the beer.

Comment

Sounds promising
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

I'm actually a tiny bit disappointed in this beer. It's beer, but it's relatively one-sided, if that makes sense? I can compare it almost to a Windhoek, but lower in IBUs. So it's nice, but it's "tame", so to speak. Dunno if that makes sense?

I know that's what a Helles should be, but I don't know what I was expecting at this stage. Not more, not less, just different, I guess.

Comment

OK disappointment is sloooowly fading. Had one again this weekend, a week later, and time is definitely crushing that fruity note. It's still there, but very lighter and less pronounced. It's starting to crisp up, albeit a tiny bit, and it's smoothing out. The green dryness is fading and making way for slight, slight hop flavour which I love.

I think this is going to be a great beer.

Comment

The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Yeah this is kind of the exact reason why I'm actually, truly lagering. I'm seeing the same changes that I've seen with actual lagering in the past, just happening slightly differently. We've all seen the green fade from a beer, and that's fine, it happens in the bottle as well, but when I do it my way (lagering in the cube at freezing), it ends up "smoother", so to speak. There's less of an almost tart, tannic dryness that I've picked up when conditioning purely in the bottle.

I'm starting to really look forward to this beer. Now the keg with the IRL needs to die so I can get it filled up properly. I'm planning 30PSI overnight, and then drop to 12PSI for several days before the competition. I want the keg to sit under pressure for at least a week before the competition, so I can pull dregs first at home before I pack up and go.

I'm really really looking forward to this.

Comment

Working...
              X