Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Seeking 2nd hand brewing equipment

Hi guys. After drinking my fair share of different beers in my lifetime, Iíve decided to learn how to brew my own.
    So if anyone is selling second hand brewing equipment at a reasonable price, please hit me up.
    I also welcome any advice with regards to brewing, equipment etc.
    Thank you. 🙏🏿

Welcome Hayi

My advice is to start doing some research, google and youtube will be your friend here. https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/how-to-brew/

You need to decide how you want to brew your beer, all-grain, partial mash or extract? Extract is the easiest but you get less control over what your brewing and in general All-grain makes the best beer buy need the most equipment. Most people start with extract and decide if they like the hobby before investing in all-grain.

Quote Originally Posted by hopingmadinZam View Post
    Welcome Hayi

My advice is to start doing some research, google and youtube will be your friend here. https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/how-to-brew/

You need to decide how you want to brew your beer, all-grain, partial mash or extract? Extract is the easiest but you get less control over what your brewing and in general All-grain makes the best beer buy need the most equipment. Most people start with extract and decide if they like the hobby before investing in all-grain.
    I have done quit a lot of research over lockdown. Watched enough YouTube videos to know Iíd like all grain method.

3 - tier system or Brew in a Bag?

Quote Originally Posted by hopingmadinZam View Post
    3 - tier system or Brew in a Bag?
    Brew in a bag. Looks cheaper in terms of equipment. Also looks simpler from the research Iíve done.

@Hayi_andifuni Welcome

For equipment the best might be to jump onto Facebook and join a few brewer groups.

If I spot any sales, I'll post it here
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Cool, have a look at some of the urn builds on this forum. Quite a few (including myself) have build our BIAB systems from simple catering urns.

Thank you!

To be honest.
    A 50l Al hart pot. At R800
    A big gas burner at R1200 and an old curtain.
    And you have a BIAB system. Then you just need a fermenter bucket with an airlock, some bottles and an capper.
    You can brew for R3000 if you really want to

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

A Logik urn for R1,500 is an even better deal than a gas burner and an aluminium pot.