Page 166 of 173 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1729

Thread: Beer pics

Beer pics

Quote Originally Posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    Nice recipe, I do a very similar one, with less impressive results, one thing missing id the roasted barley, ill add that next time, thanks

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
    Based on David Heaths , same story not red red, but the roasted barley makes a difference

Irish Red Ale - David Heath - David Heath https://recipe.brewfather.app/Og8MER...A1ruxvz77uERZg

Last edited by PaBz0r; 9th May 2021 at 16:45.

How do you find the carared? It added a cloyingly sweet note to mine. Same as jannie mine was not impressive.

Good color on yours!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jitters View Post
    How do you find the carared? It added a cloyingly sweet note to mine. Same as jannie mine was not impressive.

Good color on yours!!
    Yeah it was there, it has gone away in the last couple of weeks. Would like to try tone it down more next time. Wasnt too bad, but it was there

Time will kill some of the sweetness, yes. I've found the same in my lagers. I'm just hoping my IRA comes out as pretty as that one. Added finings and cold crashed last night. Since I posted about it last it hasn't moved. I ramped up the temp to 16C for a few days but nothing changed. Krauzen is totally dropped, beer smells good and airlock started to pull back. I left it at 16 for 2 days to make sure diacetyl (which shouldn't be present, really) is all gone and then dropped to 10C for a day before adding gelatin and crashed to 0.5C.

It'll sit at 0.5C probably until Thursday now before I'll keg. Tomorrow I'm emptying the keg (there's an off beer in there, don't know what's wrong with it, a friend brewed it), carbonating some water for wife and then dumping in the IRA for the weekend. Can't wait for this one...

Half way through my batch of IRA

80% Pale Ale
    7.5% CaraMunich III
    5.5% Munich I
    5.5% Flaked Oats (to smooth it out a bit)
    1.5% Roasted Barley (mostly for colour)

Great beer
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Mine's got more roast, and yet I got less red (in the fermenter, anyway). It was supposed to boost the red a bit, but eh:

44.7% Pale
    29.4% Pils
    12.8% Vienna
    5.1% Munich Type 1
    5.1% Munich Type 2
    2.9% Roasted Barley

Nugget at 30 minutes for 21 IBUs.

Colour is brown, definitely not red (yet). I'll see how it looks next week, I guess.

Nice to see other grain bills, will relook at this at some stage. Next on my list is a Guinness Clone and then a Pilsner.

Will you be souring some of the wort for your Guinness clone?

Cant find the original thread where I read about it but if you google it there is a myriad of topics on it. At some point I want to attempt it but I'm hesitant as some of the methods seem a bit dubious.

I know that Guinness is 3% soured Guinness, but what does "soured" mean in this context? : Homebrewing (reddit.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Jitters View Post
    Will you be souring some of the wort for your Guinness clone?

Cant find the original thread where I read about it but if you google it there is a myriad of topics on it. At some point I want to attempt it but I'm hesitant as some of the methods seem a bit dubious.

I know that Guinness is 3% soured Guinness, but what does "soured" mean in this context? : Homebrewing (reddit.com)
    I was planning to buy some Guinness and leave it to sour a bit. I see this thread also seems to go that route rather than trying to do a mash sour. This video the guy used his own wort to sour, he seems very pleased with the result

20210507_170915.jpg

Toasted Marshmallow Milk Stout

Hot damn, so happy how this turned out! I was worried that it will be way too sweat, but its smooth and creamy with a slight tone of coffee. You'll get a few hints from the marshmallow taste and smell, but its not too prominent.

Followed this recipe, but swapped out the yeast for London English Style Ale Yeast

Home Brewing a Toasted Marshmallow Milk Stout Recipe Clawhammer Supply