Page 132 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134 LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1334

Thread: Beer pics

Quote Originally Posted by paul.stevens View Post
    A little experiment, made a juicy NEIPA that has more electrolytes than a bottle of Powerade, and also only about 3.5% ABV .

A legit "recovery" beer for after long weekend runs or races.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    That looks great. I must do a low ABV beer for when the student daughter gets home.

Sent from my A80Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Harhm View Post
    My latest Gose - nice crisp citrus flavours from the lemon zest and crushed coriander seeds. Restrained acidity and and only a hint of salt is the key to a very refreshing beer. Works every time...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    That looks great. I must try a Gose sometime

Sent from my A80Pro using Tapatalk

A while back I brewed a MG KH and was good. Since I talked about - how to add a smooth fluffy mouthfeel - adding oats was suggested, so did the same recipe with added oats.. this is it.

20201117_173956.jpg

Brewed 15/10 bottled 27/10
    Last edited by AlexBrew; 17th November 2020 at 19:20.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBrew View Post
    A while back I brewed a MG KH and was good. Since I talked about - how to add a smooth fluffy mouthfeel - adding oats was suggested, so did the same recipe with added oats.. this is it.

20201117_173956.jpg

Brewed 15/10 bottled 27/10
    Nailed it!.
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Looks awesome did the oats do the job?

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    Looks awesome did the oats do the job?

I suppose so - it had a fluffy head, but still not as smooth as the one I had on tap at the bar/restaurant - then that could have been on nitro.. I will in a future brew add more oats and see then. Beer was/is a winner regardless.

I still have to do a side by side comparison with the regular KH, tho they are very similar. The oats KH wee bit more cloudy.. but can't really tell taste wise. Std KH also very smooth.

I brewed a amber pale ale while back and that had a good silky mouthfeel.. moreso than these two KH varieties. I brewed another amber pale ale yesterday.. I suspecting the melanoidin malt giving that creamy feel. I posted the grainbill yesterday morning.
    Last edited by AlexBrew; 18th November 2020 at 14:50.

There is always 1 more thing to consider. Look at the cl:so4 ratio of your water. Maybe aiming for a more malt focused profile will help?

I've not progressed to the water chemisty part of brewing yet... but will play around with the grainbill, do research .. till I find something that works. Its the adventure of experiments for me.
    I'm using filtered harvested rain water - tastes like good springwater from the shops.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBrew View Post
    I've not progressed to the water chemisty part of brewing yet... but will play around with the grainbill, do research .. till I find something that works. Its the adventure of experiments for me.
    I'm using filtered harvested rain water - tastes like good springwater from the shops.
    yeah that's probably removing most of the minerals you actually want in your brew. Not to mention that your yeast also need minerals for a healthy fermentation.

Mmm. Thinking about it, harvested rainwater has probably very little minerals in it. It's not like it's Alpine glacier water! more like RO water and considdering it's probably a good clean slate to start off with. I'll get some white stuff from my LHBS. Probably the next step in my learning curve. What chemicals you guys suggest I should get? Is there a guideline as to which beer styles need what chemical bill? I haven't googled yet - asking first.Thx