X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Andreas View Post
    Mind sharing the recipe?
    Give me 6 months to see if it is any good. Then I will happily share the recipe.

Comment

George Washington’s Infamous Small Beer. Surprisingly drinkable
      Hoppy? Malty? Details! GIVE ME DETAILS!

Comment

• Originally posted by CraftyZA View Post
        English bitter
        5.5% slightly overshot the abv. Wanted a session beer at 3.5 - 4%
        Still looks stunning!

How's the bitterness?

Comment

• Haha, it was hoppy yes. Aroma had a hint of lemon as well as a bit of fruityness. Colour is basically an amber ale, ot clears well after a month or three in the bottle. Taste: Lemon peel, you can taste it's not primarily malt based, but without a doubt beer, kinda grainy taste. Nice bitter aftertaste. Just don't drink it within a month of making it, then it tastes horrible!
          Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
          Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Comment

• Originally posted by AtronSeige View Post
            Still looks stunning!

How's the bitterness?
            Bitterness can be better, but still falls in allowed parameters. If i can venture a guess, it is somewhere between 25 and 30 ibu. Smooth malty after taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by that guy al View Post
              i've been toying with the idea of doing this again with a lager yeast.
              Yes, me too. What yeast are you looking at?
              I actualy bought some S23 and 34/70 to brew it as a lager or just a plain lager with 80% Malt 20% Corn ( just add some rice and pils to that and Im back @ C3C) I'm just waiting for space to open.

Im also thinking about brewing it as a Ale again as I did before but with corn starch in the place of the flaked corn.
              Harhm
              Last edited by Harhm; 21 June 2016, 06:25.
              2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Originally posted by Harhm View Post
                Yes, me too. What yeast are you looking at?
                I actualy bought some S23 and 34/70 to brew it as a lager or just a plain lager with 80% Malt 20% Corn ( just add some rice and pils to that and Im back @ C3C) I'm just waiting for space to open.

Im also thinking about brewing it as a Ale again as I did before but with corn starch in the place of the flaked corn.
                never used s23 so i'll probably go with 34/70.

Comment

• Beer pics

Don't know if this qualifies for beer pics, but i'm über excited for this beer. Really spicy ginger ale.
                  Ok so it breaks some rules. Ginger ale is supposed to be light, and ginger beer made with only sugar and copious amounts of ginger is supposed to be strong.
                  So i boiled 1.3kg ginger grated in 2L old brown sherry. Oh and i added 1 box of dried ginger. Just added that along with 100gr honey.
                  Oh and don't forget the chilli. Gonna add that at bottling time. 1st need to calculate the qty.
                  Just because i'm excited here is the pic.

(Just a little premature)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  CraftyZA
                  Last edited by CraftyZA; 21 June 2016, 18:13.

Comment

• https://www.facebook.com/clarensbrew...type=3&theater

This looks like something I want
                    All for Brew AND brew for all

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceblade View Post

It does look amazing!

Comment

It does look amazing!
                        Vanilla Bourbon Porter

Has anyone tried to make this?

The Bourbon part confuses me actually
                        All for Brew AND brew for all

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceblade View Post
                          Vanilla Bourbon Porter

Has anyone tried to make this?

The Bourbon part confuses me actually

I think it's either been in a Bourbon barrel for a while, or had bourbon barrel chips in secondary.
                          Didn't someone discuss it after a Innis&Gunn post?

Comment

• This reminds me of the Newtown Nemesis. Which is a stout with bourbon and vanilla. It is amazing when they get it right, but can be hit or miss with the bottles.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by kingcur View Post
                              This reminds me of the Newtown Nemesis. Which is a stout with bourbon and vanilla. It is amazing when they get it right, but can be hit or miss with the bottles.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk
                              Had this once on tap and it was amazing. They pour it with a 60:40 nitro mix. That's why the bottles are not the same

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk
                              Primary: APA
                              Bottled: Quad, tripel, K@K red ale
                              Keg 1: Weiss. 2: Weiss. Keg 3: Air. Keg 4: Air
                              Next up: world domination

Comment

• 2016-07-08 13.30.38.jpg
                                I'm super stoked with my 1st lager a 5.1% abv Schwartsbier. Light to medium malt, medium roast, dark chocolate and some coffee, crisp and dryish finish, no noticeable sweetness but a nice a lingering medium bitternes that goes well with the roast and slight alcohol. Nice head but low retention but Im sure it will improve, 2 weeks in the bottlel. Should get even better with time, I need to hide a few of these.
                                Harhm
                                Last edited by Harhm; 11 July 2016, 09:01.
                                2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

Working...
                                X