Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your take on S-33? I wanted to buy it as a bulk yeast for my kits, but the flavour profile description kinda put me off. I went with S-04 instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
      Chill haze...drops clear if left alone for a bit....if left alone :-)[ATTACH]2559[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
      Must be awful, having to sit on your deck and watch the ocean every time you have a beer?
      Great colour!
      Cheers,
      Lang
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

• Originally posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
        This is the one that fermented super fast with S-33.

It's not bad, I'm super impatient and had to try it, I have 3 more party kegs of it that are going to mature properly but I'm happy with it for now.

Looking good

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
          What's your take on S-33? I wanted to buy it as a bulk yeast for my kits, but the flavour profile description kinda put me off. I went with S-04 instead.
          I don't think I'm nearly experienced enough to make a meaningful evaluation but the overall experience was a lot less negative than what I've read about online about S-33. This brew here was really to use the one sachet of S-33 and some left over DME I had. Went in with Pilsen and Wheat

I'm now stocked up on US-05, W34/70 and K-97

Comment

This is the one that fermented super fast with S-33.

It's not bad, I'm super impatient and had to try it, I have 3 more party kegs of it that are going to mature properly but I'm happy with it for now.

Looks amazing. I’ve seen these mini kegs on BeerPlus. What’s needed to get one working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by BushWanderer View Post
              Looks amazing. I’ve seen these mini kegs on BeerPlus. What’s needed to get one working?

Depends on how much you're prepared to get invested in party kegs. You can get the ones with built in taps or the ones like I have which require the dispenser (party star).
              I'm eventually going to move to corny kegs but will hang onto these for the times I have left over beer that won't fit into a 19lt keg

Comment

• ^ just note they don't store well when not in use ....

Starts to rust on the inside, so inspect them often
                The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Helps reduce bottling day just to fill one or 2 but it's another learning curve to get it right. I have had a few misses with mine

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Comment

• ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎
                    groenspookasem
                    Banned
                    Last edited by groenspookasem; 29 March 2021, 11:58.

Comment

• Also remember to only add ½ the required priming sugar to these mini kegs if you're going to naturally carbonate.
                      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎
                        groenspookasem
                        Banned
                        Last edited by groenspookasem; 29 March 2021, 11:57.

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                          I'm thinking those fliptop growlers may be a good alternative instead of bottling the four to six 440's from a "can't fit in the keg". What does these party kegs with all paraphernalia price at?
                          Indeed, I have 4 X 1LT growlers and about a dozen Grolsch bottles as well. The no-tap kegs are about R90 each, the grey bungs are about R12. The dispenser is the big investment at around R870.00
                          The kegs are nice to take to braai with mates though

Comment

• I didn't really want to post a pic of my beer, but what the hell. It's the last one of my Belgian Pilsner from MJ. Definitely not the nicest beer I've had, but far from the worst.

Next is the APA glyten free which came with my kit.

I have this urge to start looking for an urn to make larger batches maybe and go the BIAB route next.

Comment

I don't think I'm nearly experienced enough to make a meaningful evaluation but the overall experience was a lot less negative than what I've read about online about S-33. This brew here was really to use the one sachet of S-33 and some left over DME I had. Went in with Pilsen and Wheat

I'm now stocked up on US-05, W34/70 and K-97
                              It's supposed to go with a wheat mix, I believe, which might be why you got nice results :P

Originally posted by BushWanderer View Post

I have a tap with 9 CO2 cylinders and 2 brand new (never used) kegs (with carry rings). I need new grey bungs. I'm in two minds if I want to keep the whole shebang, so if you're interested make me an offer.

What's nice is that all the craft beer mini kegs work with it as well (those ones with the tap at the bottom). You just replace the top bung with a grey one and it's ready to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by RudiC View Post

I have this urge to start looking for an urn to make larger batches maybe and go the BIAB route next.
                                You won't regret it

Comment

Working...
                                X