Page 116 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1279

Thread: Beer pics

I've got to say the rocking back and forth thing was much more vigorous then I thought it should be. You have to shake it so it sloshes properly.

Quote Originally Posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    I've got to say the rocking back and forth thing was much more vigorous then I thought it should be. You have to shake it so it sloshes properly.
    If I'm keen to get it carbed fast, I ask my missus to help me kick the keg. Punt it to 40psi and roll it to one another in the brew room. Doesn't happen often anymore though
    Last edited by groenspookasem; 1st September 2020 at 21:22.

Quote Originally Posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    I was too scared, put it on my knees and rocked it a couple of minutes. Also didn't go for the whole 40psi thing.. stuck to 20psi and did it a few more times.

Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    If I'm keen to get it carbed fast, I ask my missus to help me kick the keg. Punt it to 40psi and roll it to one another in the brew room. Doesn't happen often anymore though
    My wife was min impressed with me last night.. will ask her to help next time.

I have many questions on this.. will start a new thread or revive an old one. Seems there are many ways to do things

Here is a good video to watch on force carbonation. Force carbonation is a direct result of poor planning or extreme lus for a beer!

Quote Originally Posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
    Here is a good video to watch on force carbonation. Force carbonation is a direct result of poor planning or extreme lus for a beer!

Definitely poor planning

I've done the rocking of keg just once to try (experiment) and don't see the need to ever do it again
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Correct, with my most recent batch I tried something different and the results were more or less the same.

As described before, the previous kegs were placed in the fridge at 1 degree overnight at 35psi, then moved out of the fridge, pressure released and set to 10 psi for pouring.

The most recent one I just set the regulator to 10 psi and left it overnight in the fridge, it was fine to drink the following day...so my process is simplified.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
    True story!! Not sure about the lack of planning but I was lus to give it a try.

Look I'm new to this kegging business but my beer was carbed at 2 bar. In 4 minutes with some PROPPER rocking and the gas line connected the whole time.
    Could be poor planning but it's a quick reward. To keg shake and drink all in 20 min.

I said poor planning or extreme lus for a beer, in your case it was the latter..

My own poor planning resulted in me having to buy beer last weekend, can you imagine that!

Blasphemy! I hope it was craft beer!
    I've had some great ones fairly recently