Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kegged my first beer, tried to force carb by rocking it a few times. Going to leave overnight and see how it pours tomorrow.

All this Vienna lager talk made me brew something in those lines, went for 40% Vienna, 40% Munich, 10% Pilsner, 5% Caraamber and 5% Carapils. Went with Hallertua Mittelfruhfor for 25 IBU

Comment

• I've got to say the rocking back and forth thing was much more vigorous then I thought it should be. You have to shake it so it sloshes properly.

Comment

• ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎
        groenspookasem
        Banned
        Last edited by groenspookasem; 29 March 2021, 11:56.

Comment

• Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
          I've got to say the rocking back and forth thing was much more vigorous then I thought it should be. You have to shake it so it sloshes properly.
          I was too scared, put it on my knees and rocked it a couple of minutes. Also didn't go for the whole 40psi thing.. stuck to 20psi and did it a few more times.

Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
          If I'm keen to get it carbed fast, I ask my missus to help me kick the keg. Punt it to 40psi and roll it to one another in the brew room. Doesn't happen often anymore though
          My wife was min impressed with me last night.. will ask her to help next time.

I have many questions on this.. will start a new thread or revive an old one. Seems there are many ways to do things

Comment

• Here is a good video to watch on force carbonation. Force carbonation is a direct result of poor planning or extreme lus for a beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
              Here is a good video to watch on force carbonation. Force carbonation is a direct result of poor planning or extreme lus for a beer!

Definitely poor planning

I've done the rocking of keg just once to try (experiment) and don't see the need to ever do it again
              The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Correct, with my most recent batch I tried something different and the results were more or less the same.

As described before, the previous kegs were placed in the fridge at 1 degree overnight at 35psi, then moved out of the fridge, pressure released and set to 10 psi for pouring.

The most recent one I just set the regulator to 10 psi and left it overnight in the fridge, it was fine to drink the following day...so my process is simplified.

Comment

Here is a good video to watch on force carbonation. Force carbonation is a direct result of poor planning or extreme lus for a beer!
                  True story!! Not sure about the lack of planning but I was lus to give it a try.

Comment

• Look I'm new to this kegging business but my beer was carbed at 2 bar. In 4 minutes with some PROPPER rocking and the gas line connected the whole time.
                    Could be poor planning but it's a quick reward. To keg shake and drink all in 20 min.

Comment

• I said poor planning or extreme lus for a beer, in your case it was the latter..

My own poor planning resulted in me having to buy beer last weekend, can you imagine that!

Comment

• Blasphemy! [emoji1787] I hope it was craft beer!
                        I've had some great ones fairly recently

Comment

I said poor planning or extreme lus for a beer, in your case it was the latter..

My own poor planning resulted in me having to buy beer last weekend, can you imagine that!
                          Sorcery.jpg

--------------------------
                          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Buying beer is ok, so long as it involves the brewery bottling it directly out of thier system for you while you wait.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Tafel Lager is what I bought...look I have a wife and 2 kids, sometimes I have to drink for results and bypass taste...

Comment

• Seems to be getting there..

Comment

Working...
                                X