Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Snyper's Micro Batches

Hey all if you will humor me I want to create a new thread dedicated to my micro brews so I can track the results and share the brews with you all.

The reasoning behind the "micro batches" 5l to 10l is many of my friends and family have moved recently so there is less beer being drunk and im not like papa smurf that consumes copious amounts of beer. So I decided let me focus on some micro batches. I can do about 4x batches at a time in my fermentation fridge.

Sorta a home brew challenge but not 1 a week

First brew was a Bock just popped into fermenter OG 1072

Bock.jpg

Look at that beautiful color

Bock 1070.jpg

Decided to use a clear bucket as I love to see everything happening and they R25 a pop also cut a hole and sealed a blow off tube for this.

Bock tub.jpg
    Last edited by Snyper564; 9th July 2021 at 14:18.

Bock was sitting at 1022 after one day of fermentation and today I can already see everything compacting at the bottom

WoW, that was quick
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Quote Originally Posted by Snyper564 View Post
    Bock was sitting at 1022 after one day of fermentation and today I can already see everything compacting at the bottom
    Great stuff.
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Finished fermenting at 1018 so on target (7%-7.2%. Will leave another week before cold crashing etc

have you had a taste? how sweet is it? it's been my problems with bocks the last little bit. I find them really sweet. I have had mountain brewing co' klipbock, urbock and erdingers bock and find them all really sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jitters View Post
    have you had a taste? how sweet is it? it's been my problems with bocks the last little bit. I find them really sweet. I have had mountain brewing co' klipbock, urbock and erdingers bock and find them all really sweet.
    I have had a little taste and it tastes great, wont say really sweet but it is sweetish - but I believe that to be part of the style though with an FG of 1013 to 1019. Will see how it all balances out once its cold and conditioned and let you know.

awesome, yes please let me know. It's a style I'm interested in, and I keep going back for more but it always disappoints me.

I bought a 6-pack Urbock once (Namibian Breweries), wasn't impressed so never bothered to look into ever producing it on homebrew scale
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!